Escape into the wilderness and take a stroll through the Austin Aquarium! Learn about the wonders of marine life, see thousands of aquatic animal species, and enjoy interactive activities that will keep the whole family entertained; such as up-close and personal encounters with many reptiles and creatures! The Austin Aquarium is the perfect way to see what life is like under the sea.
More Information on Austin
The Austin Aquarium welcomes the whole family to enjoy the unique interactive experiences found within, where everyone can discover the world beneath the ocean’s surface. Guests are encouraged to hand feed sharks, rays, birds, and fish, or to get up close and personal with many of the reptiles and other animals on exhibit. Above all, the Austin Aquarium promotes education through an interactive experience in a comfortable environment. With over 8,000 living animals representing habitats from the Oregon shores to remote Indonesian Islands, the experience will instill respect and awe for our rich aquatic resources.
Austin Aquarium Details
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Family friendly and fun for all ages!
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Allow approximately 1.5 to 2 hours for your tour.
- Experience thousands of species and interactive exhibits.
- Featured exhibits include a wide variety of amphibians, lorikeets, a parakeet aviary, and a variety of cold water and tropical fish including sharks and stingrays.
Austin Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Austin or spend some time reading through our Austin blog! We love Austin and hope you do too!