About Boston to Salem
Travel in style with BHC aboard the Nathaniel Bowditch! The vessel is the only high-speed ferry operating between Salem and Boston. Whether you plan to spend the day or a week, a fast ferry enables you get there quicker, which gives you more time to enjoy the sights and sounds of Salem.
More Information on Boston to Salem
With so many things to see and do in Salem, you will be glad that this rapid ferry can get you there faster. You can avoid the traffic and journey in comfort and style. When the vessel docks, you will arrive relaxed and ready to shop, dine and sightsee in Salem. Less travel time also means that you will have more time to enjoy the incredible activities that this historic seaport has to offer. Fascinating attractions include the House of the Seven Gables, the Salem Witch Trial Museum and the Peabody Essex Museum. Made famous by the hysteria that defined the trials, Salem was a leading commercial and cultural center. Today, the city has many quaint shops and quirky boutiques.
The 149-passenger Nathaniel Bowditch is powered by twin diesel engines that can propel her through the water at speeds up to 33 knots. The 92-foot-long vessel has two decks. The main deck features an enclosed cabin with booth-style seats that provide plenty of space to walk around. The upper deck has a large open-air patio, tables and benches for enjoying a sunny day on the water. You can purchase a variety of sandwiches from the galley.
The Nathaniel Bowditch departs the Long Wharf in Boston and arrives at the Salem Ferry Terminal approximately one hour later. On the return trip, the Landing on Long Wharf outdoor patio is a wonderful place to relax with refreshments. You can watch boats cruise Boston Harbor, catch a game on the outdoor TV screens or just enjoy a sunny day.
- Boston to Salem in under an hour
- Cushioned airline and booth style seating
- Full cash bar and gourmet snacks
- A full service onboard Concierge Desk
- For our most up-to-date schedules please search by date on the calendar above.
- Commuter rates available Monday through Friday (rush hour trips only) – Salem Resident Rates and Greater Salem Resident Rates (applicable to Beverly, Danvers, Lynn, Marblehead, Peabody and Swampscott) are available and can be purchased in person at the BHCC ticket booth with valid ID as proof of residency.
- Rates and schedules are subject to change and an additional 5% Boston Sightseeing Tour Surcharge.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
Boston Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Boston or spend some time reading through our Boston blog! We love Boston and hope you do too!