About Shepherd Hills
Since 1959, this incredible outdoor live-action show at The Shepherd of the Hills Outdoor Theatre has been a family favorite to millions of visitors. Shepherd of the Hills Outdoor Drama is an extraordinary tale by Harold Bell Wright that offers themes of love, power, hardship and life’s true meaning, featuring more than 80 actors, 40 horses, sheep, a log cabin, a 1908 DeWitt automobile, and more.
More Information on Shepherd Hills
At The Shepherd of the Hills Outdoor Theatre, Harold Bell Wright’s epic story of love, loss, power, hardship, and the true meaning of life is immortalized. It takes over 80 actors and actresses, 40 horses, a flock of sheep, several guns and rifles, an actual burning log cabin, and a vintage 1908 DeWitt automobile to make the live action performance the legend that it is today.
Since our first season in 1959-60, the outdoor drama has entertained millions of Branson visitors. People who came to see the show as children come back to bring their own families. The cast members exhibit the loyalty and affection they have for the story itself. Several of them have been in the drama since its inception. The Shepherd of the Hills is not just another Ozarks show – it is the story of the Ozarks.
Good To Know
- A historic live reenactment of Harold Bell Wright’s famed novel about life in the rugged Ozarks.
- Outdoor Drama lasts approx. 2 hours and features over 90 actors, horses, sheep, mules and donkeys.
- Show is performed outside, so dress accordingly.
- Enjoy the Outdoor Drama PLUS the BBQ & Bluegrass Bash Pre-Show Dinner for just $20 more.
- Pre-show dinner is in the Playhouse Dinner Theatre and lasts about 45 minutes.
- Souvenir pictures are taken before the show.
- Concessions are available.
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the homestead.
Branson Terrific Tidbits
Browse our travelin’ fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Branson or spend some time reading through our Branson blog! We love Branson and hope you do too!