1893 Worlds Fair Tour Bar Food Chicago Coupons
How to Redeem 1893 Worlds Fair Tour Bar Food Chicago Coupons:
About 1893 World’s Fair Tour with Bar and Food:
Presented by Chicago Detours, 1893 World’s Fair Tour with Bars and Food offers a three-hour experience that’s broken up into 95% indoors and 5% outdoors. Tour highlights include seeing the grand lobby of the Auditorium Building, tasting mouth watering German food at the Berghoff Restaurant, a secret alley building, one of the last elevators with a human operator in downtown Chicago and more. This walking tour proves why the 1893 World’s Fair captures imaginations more than any other event in Chicago history. Unlike other World’s Fair tours, you’ll dig deeper into the story on this downtown tour.
More on 1893 World’s Fair Tour with Bar and Food:
You’ll visit some of the few remaining and spectacular buildings from the time of the World’s Fair, also known as the World’s Columbian Exposition. Here, the architecture and landscape still show the World’s Fair imprint even today, nearly 125 years later. On this fun and insightful walking tour, you’ll venture into beautiful architectural spaces from the era. Along with guide commentary, your guide will show you photos and archival materials via shared iPads that illuminate this historic event of the 1893 World’s Fair. Also, you will enjoy light snacks and we’ll play a few educational games, such as scavenger hunts, with prizes for the winning team. Plus, you can opt to get drinks (on your own tab) at two stops, and we end in a building from 1893 with numerous drinking options! You can think of this 3-hour-long walking tour as being 5% outdoors, 95% indoors, 20% clue-based games and visual scavenger hunts, 10% drinking time, and 100% awesome historical tour time. We know the math doesn’t add up – we hope you get the idea! With just intermittent walks outside, the 1893 World’s Fair Tour makes for a great walking tour in all seasons. This tour makes the World’s Fair’s lasting impact come to life. We hope you’ll join us! Tour ends promptly three hours after your scheduled start time. We end inside the Chicago Athletic Association Hotel, 12 S. Michigan Ave.
Walking Tour Highlights:
- Colorful mosaics in a hotel built for the 1893 World’s Fair
- The sweeping grand lobby of the Auditorium Building
- Ride one of the downtown’s last human-operated elevators
- A secret building hidden in an alley
- The Monadnock Building
- The opulent Chicago Athletic Association Hotel
1893 World’s Fair Tour Includes:
- Professional tour guide commentary
- Shared iPads with historic photos
- Two small snacks
- Game prizes and gifts
Reservation Does Not Include:
- Drinks: At the tour meeting spot, we welcome you to get a drink at the bar before check-in. To streamline the tour, we take your order and cash for your second drink at check-in ($6 for beer, $8 for wine, includes gratuity). At the third drink stop, you may independently purchase a beer, wine, or cocktail of your choice.
- Dietary restrictions: two small snacks are included. We may be able to accommodate vegetarians. If you are gluten-free, dairy-free, or have other allergies, we cannot make substitutions.
Address & Contact Information:
Inside Southest Entrance of Congress Plaza Hotel
Chicago, IL 60606