iFLY is an indoor skydiving experience that creates true free-fall conditions, just like skydiving, without having to jump out of an airplane. iFLY’s 1,000 hp vertical wind tunnel generates a wall-to-wall cushion of air, on which you safely float. There’s no parachute, no jumping, and nothing attaching you to planet Earth. It’s just you and the air, it’s the most incredible adrenaline rush.
More Information on iFLY
iFLY Dallas is the experiential entertainment company that created modern indoor skydiving. They make the dream of flight a reality by giving our customers “wings” in a safe and reliable environment. iFLY Dallas started in 1998 as SkyVenture, LLC. Once they had developed the technology to create a stable, wall-to-wall cushion of air in a flight chamber, they knew they could offer an incredibly realistic and safe indoor skydiving experience. They opened their first indoor skydiving facility in 1999. Between 1999 and 2005, they opened three more facilities. In 2005, they rebranded themselves iFLY, maintaining SkyVenture as our design and manufacturing company. Today, iFLY has 37 locations around the world in the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia, and the list continues to grow.
With the purchase of the high flight, guests are able to fly higher and faster with their instructor than they would fly on their own and always receives rave reviews. The high flight occurs during one of the guest’s flights with notice from their instructor. For the safety of our guests and instructors, high flights are available to add as part of your flight experience for guests who weigh 260 lbs or less and may not be available to guests with other flight restrictions.
Competitive indoor skydiving, also known as Bodyflight, shares many of the disciplines of competitive skydiving, such as formation skydiving and freestyle skydiving. Generally, athletes compete to successfully complete a certain number of maneuvers in an allotted amount of time. Athletes can compete as teams, working to complete maneuvers and grips, or as individuals. Each performance is recorded and judged by a panel of experts. If you’re interested, their instructors can help you improve your flying skills and take you to the next level of indoor skydiving.
Who can Fly?
- Flyers must be over 3 years of age or older.
- Flyers who weigh between 260-300 lbs may not be able to fly. Additional evaluation by an iFLY staff member upon check in will be required to determine if the flyers can be accommodated and whether additional restrictions apply.
- People who weigh over 300 lbs will not be able to fly.
- Women who are pregnant should not fly.
- Participants with a hard cast or hard prosthetic that cannot be removed are not permitted to fly.
- People with current or prior head, neck, back or shoulder injury, heart condition, or any other condition that may impede their ability to take part in physical activity or increase the risk of injury, should not fly.
- iFLY recommends people with prior shoulder dislocations DO NOT FLY!