Big Island Mauna Kea Summit Stars Adventure Coupons
How to Redeem Big Island Mauna Kea Summit Stars Adventure Coupons:
About Big Island Mauna Kea Summit Stars Adventure:
Offered by Hawaii Forest & Trail, Big Island Mauna Kea Summit Stars Adventure offers an exciting experience for guests ages 16 and older to enjoy. The adventure includes a drive to the Mauna Kea summit to find picturesque views ideal for taking photos, a provided picnic-style dinner, a hooded parka and warm gloves, an interpretive guide of Hawaii’s spectacular cultural and geological history.
More on Mauna Kea Summit & Stars Adventure:
On the Big Island Mauna Kea Summit Stars Adventure, the drive to the summit of Mauna Kea is one you’ll never forget. It’s hard to believe you’re in Hawaii as you climb to 13,796′ elevation above sea level. Once at the summit we are afforded spectacular views of the horizon, Haleakala on Maui, Mauna Loa and Hualalai, and Mauna Kea’s world-class array of telescopes. Mauna Kea is the world’s tallest mountain, rising over 32,000 feet from the ocean floor to its summit, which is considered by many Hawaiians to be the most sacred place in all the islands. Starting out from our headquarters in Kona, we travel up the coast over desolate lava flows for about a half hour before proceeding up the rolling pasturelands on the flanks of Mauna Kea. We arrive at our private dinner location at Humuula approximately 2 hours before sunset for a hot, picnic dinner served family style. After dinner and with a winter-style parka in hand, we’ll make the 45 minute drive to the summit. As your make your way up, you’ll be fascinated by your Interpretive Guide’s interpretation of Hawaii’s remarkable natural, cultural, and geologic history. After sunset we descend to the Visitor’s Information Station at 9000′ elevation. Here we set up our own telescope and have a star gazing party. Wrapped warm in Arctic parkas, enjoying hot beverages and chocolate macadamia nut cookies, you will marvel at the brilliance of the Hawaiian night sky. Your Interpretive Guide will share with you stories of the world of the observable universe, and offer you a personal and educational look at the heavens. Come join us on the Big Island Mauna Kea Summit Stars Adventure!
Good To Know:
- PLEASE NOTE: The tour time can change/fluctuate according to the time of the sunset.
- Schedule: Afternoon trips depart daily from Hawaii Forest and Trail Headquarters, Waikoloa Kings’ Shops, and the Junction of Highways 190 and 200. Tour Duration is 7 – 8 hours round trip.
- Rated: Easy to Moderate; ages 16 and over.
- Included in the Tour: Picnic style dinner of your choice (served hot), assorted teas, hot chocolate, and dessert.
- Teriyaki Chicken – Served with brown rice, carrot, zucchini, bok choy, yellow squash with a garlic & white wine sauce, and a caramelized pineapple garnish (gluten free)
- Kalbi Beef Short Ribs – Served with brown rice, carrot, zucchini, bok choy, yellow squash with garlic & white wine sauce, and a caramelized pineapple garnish (gluten free)
- Vegetarian Thai Curry – Served with brown rice, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, portobello mushroom, sugar snap peas, green beans, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, bok choy (gluten & dairy free, vegetarian, vegan)
- Gear Provided: Hooded parkas and warm gloves. Please select your parka sizes at check-out.
- Group Size: Tour limited to a maximum of 12 guests.
- Restrictions: Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain. We sometimes encounter cool, wet or muddy conditions. Because of high altitude this tour is not advised for those with respiratory, circulatory or heart conditions, pregnancy or poor health. Scuba divers should be aware of altitude dangers. No children under 16. Other tour restrictions may apply.
Address & Contact Information:
Big Island Mauna Kea Summit Stars Adventure
73-5593 Olowalu Street
Kailua-Kona, Big Island, HI 96740