Kilauea Hike Glow Kona Hawaii Coupons
How to Redeem Kilauea Hike Glow Kona Hawaii Coupons:
About Kilauea Hike & Glow Kona:
Follow a certified park service guide on the Kilauea Hike & Glow Kona tour off the beaten path. This 4-mile hike includes a walk through the Thurston Lava Tube, down into the Kilauea Iki crater, and explore Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Your hiking endeavor includes a picnic lunch in the park and dinner with a wine tasting at the picturesque Volcano winery.
More on Kilauea Hike & Glow Kona:
Get your hike on with one of our certified park service guides on our Kilauea Hike & Glow Kona tour. This is a specialized tour designed for adventurous guests looking to get off the beaten path and head off to unique areas of the Park not normally visited on organized tours. Starting at your resort in Kona, your guide will pick you up and drive you through the “saddle” between Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea volcanoes. Make a quick stop at our store in Hilo for provisions before heading off to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Here you will discover what makes this unique place a UNESCO World Heritage Site and International Biosphere Preserve. Start with a visit to the Kilauea Visitor’s Center and a picnic-style lunch. Visit the Jaggar Museum, and then on to the Thurston Lava Tube. Hike down into the Kilauea Iki crater through the rainforest and across the still-steaming crater floor. This 4-mile hike culminates in a walk through the Thurston Lava Tube. Enjoy dinner at Volcano Winery. Guests can expect a private vineyard and tea orchard tour, plus a wine tasting or glass of wine included with dinner at the Winery. Return to the Park and watch for current volcanic activity as the sun sets before returning to Kona. Red molten lava may not be seen and cannot be guaranteed as volcanic activity changes constantly. Durable hiking shoes required. We’re happy to accommodate special dietary needs and restrictions, including children’s meals, with advance notice. Order of itinerary may change. Tour runs rain or shine. Come join us on the Kilauea Hike & Glow Kona tour!
Good To Know:
- Activity level: strenuous
- Bring video and/or still cameras, government issued ID, and tour vouchers or method of payment
- Expect moderate air temperatures at sea level with cooler temperatures at higher elevations on the drive from Kona; occasional rain showers; strenuous hike across uneven and steep, rocky terrain including black lava rock.
- Wear comfortable hiking clothes (shorts are ok), light jacket or sweater, sunglasses and hat, sturdy closed-toe hiking shoes are required (sandals and flip-flops or “slippahs” will not be accepted)
- Includes military-grade LED flashlights, umbrellas, walking sticks, camera tripod to share, mosquito repellant, sunblock, snacks and beverages (water, juice, soda) all day, picnic lunch and dinner at the Volcano Winery (dietary requirements and restrictions accommodated on request with advance notice), all entrance fees and access to private locations
Address & Contact Information:
Historic Cannario Complex
Hilo, HI 96720