Stax Museum of American Soul Music Coupons
How to Redeem Stax Museum of American Soul Music Coupons:
About Stax Museum of American Soul Music:
An essential stop while visiting Memphis, is the Stax Museum of American Soul Music, at McLemore and College in what’s known as Soulsville, USA. The museum pays homage to Memphis soul music and the old Stax Records label.
More on Stax Museum of American Soul Music:
The Stax Museum can be overwhelming, so take your time. A 100-year-old church, moved from the Mississippi Delta, begins the tour to show the roots of soul, and a similar attention to context and detail is common throughout the Museum. From the award-winning introductory documentary film to an authentic 100-year-old Mississippi Delta church that explains the gospel roots of soul music, the Stax Museum of American Soul Music winds and twists through a labyrinth of exhibits.
These exhibits promote and preserve the legacy of American Soul Music and its contributions internationally, highlighting musical giants such as Isaac Hayes, Otis Redding, the Staple Singers, the Bar-Kays, Booker T. & the MIGs, Johnnie Taylor, Little Milton, Al Green, Aretha Franklin, Ike & Tina Turner and hundreds of others.
Stax Museum of American Soul Music Highlights:
- 2,000 exhibits, videos, stage costumes, photographs, instruments used to record the Stax sound A 100 year old reconstructed gospel church as an exhibit
- Hall of Records, where approximately 800 45 single records and 300 LPs are on display
- Recreation of Stax’s legendary Studio A.
- Seasonally-changing exhibits, with internationally acclaimed photography exhibitions
- Located in Soulsville USA at the site of the original Stax Records.
Address & Contact Information:
926 E. McLemore Ave.
Memphis, TN 38106