About The Museum of
Modern Art MoMA
The leading museum of modern art in the world, the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) offers an exciting, educational and entertaining experience for guests of all ages to enjoy. The museum—located at 11 West 53rd Street—features a variety of exhibitions with paintings from modern art masters, daily film and video screenings, gallery discussions, and more.
More Information on The Museum of
Modern Art MoMA
MoMA´s renowned collection of modern and contemporary art includes Vincent van Gogh´s “The Starry Night” and Andy Warhol´s “Gold Marilyn Monroe”, along with works by Jackson Pollock, Jasper Johns, and many other great artists of our time. The Museum´s collection also showcases photography, film, architecture, design, media, and performance art, and offers shopping and fine and casual dining options.
Special exhibitions, films, audio programs in eight languages, and a free pass to MoMA PS1 are all included with admission. Does not include timed tickets for the Picasso Sculpture Exhibit exhibition or other limited / timed exhibitions. Timed tickets are free and available for pick up on the day-of-visit at the Museum.
Good To Know
- Talking on cell phones is not permitted in Museum galleries.
- Audio narration available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- No flash photography or tripods permitted.
- Videotaping is permitted in the lobby only.
- Coat check available free of charge.
- Most popular galleries—Painting and Sculpture—are located on the fifth floor.
- Gaze at Van Gogh’s “The Starry Night” Views artwork by Picasso, Monet, Cezanne, Pollock, Warhol and more.
- Printed E-Ticket is necessary for admission.
New York City Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on New York City or spend some time reading through our New York City blog! We love New York City and hope you do too!