About Harlem Gospel
Experience the incredibly moving culture of gospel music while walking the streets of the greats such as Michael Jackson, Malcolm X, Billie Holiday and more. Tour guests will enjoy sites including the Apollo Theater, the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, Hotel Theresa, and Striver’s Row. Guests are treated to an energetic worship service at a local gospel church.
More Information on Harlem Gospel
Enjoy a neighborhood tour of the cultural capital of Black America and experience the soulful sounds of gospel music. Explore the streets of greats like Billie Holiday, Malcolm X and Michael Jackson while viewing legendary sites like the Apollo Theater, the Abyssinian Baptist Church, the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, Striver’s Row, Hotel Theresa and much more. End your tour with a traditional African American gospel music performance at a service in a local gospel church.
Good To Know
- Tour Duration: 2.5 hours
- Departure Location: Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture located at 515 Malcolm X Blvd, New York, NY 10037
- This tour is wheelchair-accessible.
- Out of respect for the congregation hosting us, please dress appropriately and refrain from wearing flip-flops, tank tops, or shorts.
- This Harlem gospel tour is included in the New York Pass, Explorer Pass, and Go City Build Your Own Pass.
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum of 5 people to attend to move forward with the excursion.
New York City Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on New York City or spend some time reading through our New York City blog! We love New York City and hope you do too!