About The Downtown
The Downtown Experience is a traveling multimedia historic adventure featuring virtual reality visualizations, expert tour guides, and so much more. Your tour vehicle features theater-style, side-facing seats with perfect views of NYC and top-of-the-line technology. Various stops along the tour are taken to the next level with virtual reality headsets. Experience NYC like never before!
More Information on The Downtown
The Downtown Experience NYC Powered by THE RIDE is a brand new multimedia historical adventure exploring Downtown Manhattan’s most notable landmarks and neighborhoods. Featuring some of THE RIDE’s signature performance interludes and enhanced with the advanced technology of our partner Timelooper, THE DOWNTOWN EXPERIENCE will be highlighted by the magic of Virtual Reality visualizations allowing visitors to travel back in time and relive iconic historical moments.
Good To Know
- 90-minute multimedia historic adventure of Downtown Manhattan
- Fun, original & informative music and videos that support our Storyteller guide’s deeply researched historical narrative
- Theatre-style, side facing seating & floor-to-ceiling glass windows with panoramic views
- Advanced audio/visual technology including 40 LCD TV screens showing footage of the landmarks and neighborhoods of Downtown Manhattan
- Enhanced with the magic of Virtual Reality that will lift your imagination out of your seat and through time!
- VR locations include the South Street Seaport, Ellis Island, Battery Park and City, China Town, Wall Street, Federal Hall & the Stock Exchange.
- Route features iconic landmarks such as the Brooklyn Bridge, Governor’s Island, New York Harbor & the Statue of Liberty, Battery Park, 9/11 Memorial, One World Trade Center and Observatory, City Hall and more!
- The Downtown Experience departs from 200 Water Street in front of Starbucks and ends at South Street Seaport near Pier 15 and 16.
New York City Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on New York City or spend some time reading through our New York City blog! We love New York City and hope you do too!