Golden Gate Park Segway Tour
Take a 2.5 hour, fully narrated Segway tour of the gorgeous Golden Gate Park. The 7-mile tour explores beautifully landscaped trails that lead guests to sights such as Shakespeare Garden, Fern Grotto, and the Lily Pond. Throughout the tour, guests will have plenty of opportunity for photos with the amazing landscape. Tours are available daily and Segway training is included in the full experience.
More Information on Official
Golden Gate Park Segway Tour
A combination of designated trails, bike paths and low speed-light traffic streets are used to conduct the guided tour of the Park. After a 40 minute training on how to safely operate the Segway, you’ll explore the sights of Golden Gate Park for two hours. Explore 8 miles of the Eastern part of the park which covers both famous landmark and hidden and less explored areas. Your experienced and fun tour guide will narrate your tour through a compact single ear-bud sound system. Each guest is issued a compact radio receiver so they don’t miss a detail of what the guide is saying about each site seen on the tour. A quick 1.5 hour Mini Segway Tour of Golden Gate Park For guests that want to enjoy quick tour while exploring the best sights and hidden locations while learning the Park’s legends and history.
- The de Young Museum
- The California Academy of Sciences
- The Music Concourse & Temple of Music
- Lily Pond, Fer Grotto and Storybook Cross
- The Historic Carousel & The Lawn Bowling Courts
- The National Aids Memorial
- Shakespeare Garden, Stow Lake & Strawberry Hill
- The Rose, Rhododendron & The Dahlia Gardens
- The Japanese Tea Garden, The Conservatory of Flowers & Botanical Gardens
Good To Know
- Golden Gate Park Mini Segway Tour – 1.5 Hours
- All Segway Riders must be 12 years or older. Riders under 18 years must be accompanied by parent or guardian on the tour.
- All guests must weigh between 100 – 250 lbs or 45 – 113 kilos.
- No pregnant guests allowed due to safety reasons.
- This activity is not recommended for guests that are ages 70 years and older or those with mobility issues.
- Each rider must sign a Liability Waiver. Helmets and safety vests are provided and required.
- Wear comfortable closed toe and flat shoes. No high heels, flip flops or sandals. Bring an extra layer of warm, wind resistant clothing. Rain ponchos, knit gloves and warm jackets are available for guests use. Please leave bulky backpacks at home.
- Level of Difficulty: Beginner or Intermediate
- Tour Length: Approximately 2.5 hours (including 40 minutes of training)
- Departure Location: Golden Gate Park
- Located between the de Young Museum and the California Academy of Sciences. Meet in the paved area behind the Temple of Music – the large stage.
- You must arrive 15 minutes prior to your schedule tour time. If you are late – you will lose your reservation and no refund will be issued. No exceptions.
- Advance Tour: Previous i2 Segway Experience is required. All riders must have taken a two hour or more guided Segway tour on the newer i2 Segway within the last 2 years. The Advanced tour is less training and more riding time.
San Franciso Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on San Francisco or spend some time reading through our San Franciso blog! We love San Francisco and hope you do too!