Walks of Charleston
Take a walking tour through this beautiful city as you encounter hundreds of historic homes, buildings, stately churches, perfectly manicured lawns, and impressively designed gardens. From the mid-1600s through the Civil War and up to the Charleston Modern Renaissance period, your licensed guide will enlighten you with the rich and colorful history of The Holy City. Hear about Rainbow Row, French Quarter, and see all the steeples that gave this city its nickname. Don’t miss out; book your Historic Charleston Walking Tour today!
More Information on
Walks of Charleston
All of the tour guides at Walks of Charleston have taken the rigorous Charleston Tour Guide Exam, licensed by the City of Charleston, and are extremely passionate about the past. They’re experienced storytellers who make the lore ripe in your imagination. The guides are one of the best resources you can find in the city for history — and the best in the city for a guided walking tour of the Lowcountry.
- Narrated Walking Tour of Historic Charleston
- See popular locations such as Rainbow Row, Old Exchange Building, St. Philip’s and Michael’s Church
- Hear stories from licensed guides with over 130 years of combined experience
- Learn the secrets of Charleston across a variety of subjects
- Children ages 6 and under are FREE
- Duration: 2 Hrs.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. You will cover a distance of approximately 1.5 – 2 miles.
- There is a maximum of 20 guests permitted per tour.
- Pets and service animals are not permitted.
- Drugs and alcohol are not permitted.
- Tour is not handicap accessible.
- If weather is deemed by the vendor as unfavorable for this activity, your reservation may be altered, modified, rescheduled, or refunded, at vendor discretion.
- Paid parking is available at various spots near departure location.
- Restrooms are available along the tour route
Charleston Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Charleston or spend some time reading through our Charleston blog! We love Charleston and hope you do too!