While millions of people visit Chicago each year, it remains a hidden gem for many. The Historic Chicago Tour will reveal the splendor, history and interesting character of this marvelous waterfront city. Known as Chicago’s “front lawn,” Grant Park encompasses Soldier Field and the Adler Planetarium as well as the Joseph C. Petrillo Music Shell, an amphitheater that hosts open-air summer concerts.
More Information on Historic
Start with pickup from your downtown Chicago hotel. Board your climate-controlled minibus and embark on your guided sightseeing tour. Begin in the heart of downtown Chicago, at The Loop. Here you’ll see incredible architecture, including the world’s first skyscrapers. You’ll even go inside one that features a beautiful lobby designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. The stop also includes views of The Chicago Board of Trade and the Willis (Sears) Tower. After The Loop, head through Grant Park, which is known as the city’s front yard. The centerpiece of the park is the Buckingham Fountain.
Museum Campus is up next, with three museums, Soldier Field, and the most spectacular skyline views in the city. After a ten minute photo stop, travel around Millennium Park, featuring The Bean, before heading up north along Wacker Drive, which parallels the Chicago River.
Arrive in the fancy Gold Coast nightlife area and residential neighborhood – one particularly interesting sight here is the original Playboy Mansion. Then you’ll take a trip through part of Lincoln Park, and end the tour by zipping along Lake Shore Drive, past beaches, and old mansions, before being dropped off at your hotel. For those wanting the ultimate Chicago experience, add on the option of the world-famous architecture cruise of Chicago. After your minibus tour and a short break, climb aboard a state-of-the-art cruise vessel for a 75-minute cruise of all three branches of the Chicago River.
Marvel at the architecture that has made the city so legendary. Gain insights into the buildings and engineering of a city that gave birth to the skyscraper and is the spiritual home of modern American architecture. An expert guide will lead you down the Chicago River to uncover hidden gems, as well the city’s most renowned landmarks, such as the John Hancock building and more.
- Drive along the Chicago River, viewing some of Chicago’s most iconic buildings
- Create memories at 3 amazing photo stops including one of the Chicago skyline
- Listen to expert commentary from your local guide in English
- Upgrade to include the optional world-famous 75-minute Architectural Cruise
- Stop at the spectacular Buckingham Fountain in Grant Park
- Expert driver/guide
- Minibus tour of Chicago
- 3 photo stops
- Hotel pickup at many Downtown Chicago hotels.
- Architecture Cruise (if Cruise Option chosen)
Know before you go
- The combination tour is available from mid-April to October; the minibus tour alone is available all year
- Tour operates in all weather conditions, so please dress appropriately
- Hotel pick-ups commence approximately 30 – 60 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time
- If the cruise option is chosen, please dress accordingly as this is an outdoor activity
- You must wear a mask at all times when inside the vehicle
Travelin’ Coupons Top
Chicago Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Chicago or spend some time reading through our Chicago blog! We love Chicago and hope you do too!