About Tall Ship
The Tall Ship Windy, located on Chicago’s Navy Pier, brings you exciting boat tours that are educational, creative, and inspiring.
More Information on Tall Ship
The massive schooner gently bobs in the Lake Michigan waters as the Chicago skyline towers on the shore. Onboard, hardy sailors train their passengers to tie knots and unfurl sails. Period lessons abound onboard Windy, the lone vessel helmed by US Coast Guard-certified captains and crews. The nostalgic steed is used to educate visitors on the lake’s maritime traditions and explore coastal waters. Windy also plays host to themed adventures. Crews strive to make each tour unique, with sailors who expound on their skills as well as performers and educators versed in history, maritime lore, art, and theater.
- Drink vouchers must be picked up at the ticket booth. Drink vouchers that are not picked up at the ticket booth will not be honored.
- Tours depart from Navy Pier and are guided by US Coast Guard-licensed captains, and trained crew for a fun sail!
- Not valid on Saturdays in June or July.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to sail time.
- All cruises are weather permitting and availability is based on Coast Guard capacity.
- Fireworks, Special charters, and special events are not included with the Pass.
- Seating is based on arrival time.
- Be sure to arrive 30-45 minutes early to get your favorite seat.
- Snacks and beverages are not included but are available for purchase with cash or credit card.
Travelin’ Coupons Top
Chicago Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Chicago or spend some time reading through our Chicago blog! We love Chicago and hope you do too!