Maunakea Sunrise Adventure Hawaii Coupons
How to Redeem Maunakea Sunrise Adventure Hawaii Coupons:
About Maunakea Sunrise Adventure:
Hike to the top of the tallest volcano on Earth and see a sunrise of epic proportions on the Maunakea Sunrise Adventure! This 7-hour excursion includes breakfast at the Onizuka Visitors Center, transportation to the volcano, and parkas. Wake up early and dress warmly for this one-of-a-kind tour to the top of a volcano. Throughout your adventure, your knowledgeable tour guide will educate you on Hawaii’s history, culture, and more.
More on Maunakea Sunrise Adventure:
Start your Hawaiian day like never before…from the top of the tallest volcano on earth. Your journey on the Maunakea Sunrise Adventure begins early in the morning while the rest of the island sleeps. After a brief stop at the Ellison Onizuka Visitor’s Information Station to acclimate and serve hot drinks, you then head to the summit to watch the first rays of dawn crawl across the landscape. See the morning sky light up in brilliant shades of red, orange, purple, and blue. On the way down, learn about the cultural and scientific significance of the mountain, as you past the wold’s greatest collection of telescopes. You’ll drop back down to 9,000 feet elevation where a tasty continental breakfast will be served before you have the opportunity to walk the endangered Mauna Kea Silversword enclosure, and view the exhibits of the visitor’s center.
Maunakea Sunrise Adventure Highlights:
- See the night sky on the slope of Maunakea before the day’s first light
- Take in the sunrise at the top of Maunakea, amidst the world’s largest collection of research telescopes
- Enjoy breakfast at Onizuka visitors center followed by a short walk through the Maunakea Silversword enclosure.
Good To Know:
- Continental Breakfast: Assorted sliced fresh fruit, fresh baked banana bread, croissants, boiled egg, yogurt, granola, 100% Kona Coffee, Hot Cocoa & Assorted teas.
- Tour Duration: 7 hours
- Guests should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain.
- We sometimes encounter cool, wet or muddy conditions.
- Because of high altitude this tour is not advised for those with respiratory, circulatory or heart conditions, pregnancy or poor health. Scuba divers should be aware of altitude dangers.
- No children under 16.
- Other tour restrictions may apply.
- Guests are provided hooded parkas, but should bring a sweater or jacket; wear long pants and covered walking shoes with warm socks.
Address & Contact Information:
Hawaii Forest & Trail
73-5593 A Olowalu Street
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740