How To Redeem Evening
Volcano Explorer Hilo Coupons
Volcano Explorer Hilo
Explore the natural beauty of Hawaii’s volcanoes with a sunset background in this epic hiking adventure. Offered by KapohoKine Adventures, your narrated tour includes stops at recent lava flows, a lava viewing area in Kalapana, and the historic Painted Church. Next, discover the wonder of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, enjoy dinner, and watch the sunset in the park before heading back to Hilo.
More Information on Evening
Volcano Explorer Hilo
The original volcano lover’s tour. Start with a drive through quaint Hilo town where you’ll drive along the historic waterfront before heading out to the old fishing village of Kalapana. Your National Park Service certified guide will discuss the volcanology, geology, and history of Kilauea volcano, as well as providing in-depth narration on the various lava flows and flora and fauna that you’ll be passing by.
Kalapana was destroyed by lava, as was the adjacent beach, Kaimu. Hike out across the lava flow to the new black sand beach. Stop by Star of the Sea Painted Church. Moved by the community twice to save it from advancing lava flows in 1990, this decommissioned church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Next travel to the crown jewel of Hawaii, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Visit the Kilauea Visitor’s Center, the Kilauea Iki Crater Overlook, and Steaming Bluffs. Stop in at the famous Volcano House for incredible views of Kilauea Caldera, and hike to the cracks and sinkholes in the paved roads left behind by the historic eruption of 2018. “Lava glow viewing if weather and lava conditions permit”
- State law requires child safety seats for all guests under 4 years of age (we’re happy to supply seats at no charge with advance notice).
- Booster seats required for all guests between ages 4 and 7 and under 4 feet 9 inches tall and 80 pounds weight (we’re happy to supply seats at no charge with advance notice).
- Guests under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Volcanic emissions, including sulfur gas, may affect those with respiratory concerns.
- Participants should be prepared for immediate evacuation in accordance with directions given by County, State and/or Federal officials.
Hawaii Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Hawaii or spend some time reading through our Hawaii blog! We love Hawaii and hope you do too!
Know Before You Go! Check Out Our Favorite City Travel Guide
Travelin’ Coupons City Blog