More Information on
This Spirit of Aloha Catamaran snorkeling excursion departs from the Waikoloa Resort, on the Kohala side of Hawaii Island (the Big Island). The iconic Spirit of Aloha provides the ultimate in sailing comfort and snorkeling fun. The Spirit of Aloha sailing and snorkel trip is operated by Hawaii Nautical, one of Hawaii’s largest ocean-activity providers, with a fleet of vessels island-wide serving many harbors across Oahu and the Big Island. They believe in delivering service, safety, and the spirit of Aloha.
They respect the ocean and the ecosystem and follow strict guidelines so that all marine mammals and wildlife are protected. And they honor the host culture and support the local communities in which they operate. They want the natural environment you enjoy today to be here tomorrow, and for every tomorrow after. That’s why they are Hawaii’s first Dolphin Smart-recognized operator. NOAA’s Dolphin Smart educates guests about dolphin conservation and harassment and advises them not to seek activities that pursue close interactions like swimming with dolphins in Hawaii in the wild.
They also follow the guidelines of the Coral Reef Alliance, to establish lasting change and promote coral reef health around the world. That includes sustainable practices — such as no fish feeding. Coral conservation aims to save these valuable ecosystems, unite communities and preserve cultural identity. They’ve been wowing guests of all ages for decades in Hawaii. While there’s lots of excitement around the activities, they practice the highest level of safety in everything we do. They treat guests like ohana, the Hawaiian word for a family that permeates everything they do.
Good To Know
- Arrive 35-45 minutes before the Hawaii Nautical tour starts.
- A freshwater shower, restrooms, plenty of shade, and ample seating are available on board.
- Parts of the tour may require barefooted steps in the water.
- Bring anti-seasickness medication if easily nauseated.
- Snorkel fins and vests, and in-water assistance from an expert crew are included. Buy or bring your snorkel and mask.
- Drinks and snacks are served and can be purchased on board the Kona sunset cruise.