About Kilauea Hike
Glow Kona Hawaii
Experience a volcano up close and personal on the Big Island of Hawaii, and discover the natural and cultural history about the island’s formation.
Experience an ohana tour with friends and family in style. Get exclusive access to an active volcano in the infamous Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Wander through lava tubes off the beaten track and stay until after dark for magnificent views of molten lava spewing from the Halemaumau Crater. Your tour includes 2-3 miles of hiking through the Big Island’s lush and varied scenery, a knowledgeable guide who will teach you about the flora and fauna unique to Big Island, and round trip transportation from Kona or Waikaloa.
Enjoy snacks, beverages, a Deli-style lunch prepared by Christine’s Deli, and dinner, which are all included in your 10-12 hour day trip. Experience a once-in-a-lifetime view of the glowing lava at one of the last remaining active volcanoes in Hawaii. Have your camera ready to capture the orange glow of lava against the night sky.
- Marvel at an active volcano
- Enjoy 2-3 miles of hiking around the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park’s dynamic terrain.
- Visit a large private lava tube known for its bright yellow and gold microbial mats living on the cave walls
- Stay after dark to see the eruption deep inside Halemaumau Crater
- Catch glimpses of lava and see the night’s sky light up with Pele’s orange and red glow
- Guests should be capable of hiking on uneven or rocky terrain and we may encounter cool, wet, or muddy conditions.
- Tour is approx. 10-12 hours. Travel time from most resorts is approx. 6 hrs round-trip.
- Deli-style lunch
- National Park entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What To Bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Long pants
- Closed-toe shoes
- Reusable water bottle
Hawaii Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Hawaii or spend some time reading through our Hawaii blog! We love Hawaii and hope you do too!
Know Before You Go! Check Out Our Favorite City Travel Guide
Travelin’ Coupons City Blog