How To Redeem Kohala
Zip Dip Hawaii Coupons
Purchase your Kohala Zip Dip Hawaii tickets from our partner, Viator.
Travelin’ Coupons donates 10% of its proceeds to the Student Youth Travel Foundation. We appreciate and thank you for using our Kohala Zip Dip Hawaii Coupons!
Groupon offers several discounts on things to do in Hawaii. You can CHECK HERE to see if they have a live deal today 🙂
Zip Dip Hawaii
North Kohala is a land of stunning beauty and profound cultural significance. Towering waterfalls and resplendent forests create the backdrop on which the story of King Kamehameha the Great begins. Join us for an exciting and educational adventure in the lands of Hawaii’s first king. Old Hawaii comes alive on the Kohala Zip & Dip as you zipline high above the forest floor, picnic on the rim of Pololu Valley and swim under a private waterfall.
More Information on Kohala
Zip Dip Hawaii
The tour begins with a wonderful drive of contrast and change from the dry-side resort area to the lush green country of Kohala. Along the way you’ll journey up the North Kona and Kohala coastlines over lava flows from Mauna Loa, Mauna Kea and the Kohala Mountains. Often from the shoreline you are able to see splashing spinner dolphins or in the winter months, breaching humpback whales.
Past the quaint plantation town of Hawi, we arrive at our first stop – the Kohala Zipline Station. After gearing up and a safety orientation by your ACCT Certified Guides you’ll journey to King Kamehameha’s traditional family land holdings. In this area known since ancient times as Halawa, elevated platforms are built directly into majestic trees to form a jungle-like course while a stream meanders below through ancient remnants of taro terraces. Travel high up in the trees on thrilling ziplines and suspension bridges. You will soar amid plants that perfectly mirror the evolution of Hawaii, its rich cultural and environmental history. At the end of the course, rappel from the final tree back onto solid ground.
Leaving Halawa behind, we travel to the “end of the road” at Pololu Valley before venturing through locked gates and heading into the mountains. We’ll enjoy a delicious deli lunch at our stunning cliff side site with unparalleled views of Pololu Valley below. Venturing deeper into the mountains we arrive at our private trail site for a short hike. Along the trail you’ll see tunnels blasted and carved from solid rock, walk over an aqueduct bridge, and learn the century old story of the tremendous effort it took to build the Kohala Ditch irrigation system stretching over 22 miles. You’ll also delve into ancient Hawaiian history, visit several beautiful waterfalls, and take a dip in a mountain stream with cascading falls overhead.
With stunning coastline panoramas, lush green valleys, and abundant water, the Kohala Zip & Dip is a truly memorable way to experience the very best Hawaii has to offer.
- Schedule: Tours daily. Approximately 8 hours round trip, departs from Hawaii Forest & Trail Headquarters, and Waikoloa Queen’s Marketplace.
- Rated: Easy; Ages 8 and up welcome.
- Included in the Tour: Snack, deli style lunch with assorted soft drinks, juices and souvenir water bottle.
- Gear Provided: Walking sticks, warm wear, towels, day packs and rain ponchos.
- Group Size: Tour limited to a maximum of 14 guests.
- Restrictions: Physical – Must weigh between 70 and 270 lbs. Participants will be weighed at check-in. Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle short climb. This tour is not for those with back or neck problems, expectant mothers, or those who are fearful of heights.
- What to Bring & Wear: Closed-toe shoes required. Bring a bathing suit (can be worn under clothes), hat, sunscreen and a light jacket or sweatshirt.
Good To Know
- Closed-toe shoes are required.
- Must weigh between 70 and 270 lbs. Participants will be weighted at check-in.
- Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle short climb. This tour is not for those with back or neck problems, expectant mothers, or those who are fearful of heights.
- Snack, deli style lunch with assorted soft drinks, juices and souvenir water bottle is included.
Hawaii Forest & Trail
Address & Contact Information
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Travelin’ Coupons Top
Save $7.44 at Manta Discovery Adventure Nighttime Snorkel! Book your tickets today!
Get $29.94 off per person at Paradise Helicopters Volcano Waterfall Flight and search for towering waterfalls in Hilo!
GROUPON offers up to 50% off things to do in Hawaii! See what deals they have for today!
Hawaii Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Hawaii or spend some time reading through our Hawaii blog! We love Hawaii and hope you do too!
Know Before You Go! Check Out Our Favorite Big Island Travel Guide
Travelin’ Coupons Big Island Blog