About Big Island
Grand Circle Volcano Tour
Offered by Polynesian Adventure Tours, the Big Island Grand Circle Volcano Tour features a full day of exploring the volcanic wonders on the Big Island. Guests can enjoy visiting the Volcanoes National Park, touring the south coast, journeying through a Kona coffee plantation, roaming the famed black-sand beaches, browsing the Jaggar Museum, seeing the waterfalls of Hamakua Coast and more.
More Information on Big Island
Grand Circle Volcano Tour
Experience the scenic beauty and volcanic excitement of Hawaii on a full-day Big Island Grand Circle Volcano Tour! The Grand Circle Island Adventure takes you to lush tropical rain forests & Volcanoes National Park on a big day trip around the Big Island. Travel in comfort aboard our spacious, “big window” minibus or motorcoach bus. Tour-trip Kona hotel transportation & expert narration included on this Hawaii Big Island day trip.
Enjoy a scenic drive in our air-conditioned buses along the southern coast of Hawaii. View Kealakekua Bay and spectacular views of the coastline from your Kona Coffee stop. Travel around the southern tip of Hawaii to Volcanoes National Park, dubbed Pele’s Playground (admission included). Tour the Jagger Museum and watch a spectacular video filled with volcanic eruptions! Walk through the Thurston Lava Tube and drive by Kilauea Iki and the Steam Vents.
Leave the volcanoes behind as we head to Hilo. Stop at Big Island Candies for a free tour. Established in 1977, they manufacture & market fine quality candies & cookies. Enjoy complimentary Kona coffee and free samples. Come join us at the Big Island Grand Circle Volcano Tour!
Good To Know
- Gold Package Includes lunch
- Hotel Pick-ups begin at 6:00 am – 7:30 am
- Return to Hotel: 6:00 pm – 7:45 pm (approximately)
- Tour: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- NOTE: THIS TOUR OFFERS ROUNDTRIP TRANSPORTATION FROM KONA HOTELS ONLY. IF YOU ARE STAYING IN HILO, IT IS AN APPROXIMATE 2.5-HOUR DRIVE TO KONA.
- Lava viewing conditions change daily and viewing of active lava flow is not guaranteed. Covered walking shoes and a light jacket/sweater/poncho are recommended as the weather conditions may change throughout the course of the day.
- Fumes (volcanic gasses) are hazardous to everyone’s health. We discourage visitors with heart or respiratory problems and infants, young children, and pregnant women are especially at risk and should avoid being in areas where fumes persist.
Hawaii Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Hawaii or spend some time reading through our Hawaii blog! We love Hawaii and hope you do too!
Know Before You Go! Check Out Our Favorite City Travel Guide
Travelin’ Coupons City Blog