How To Redeem
Buffalo Soldiers National Museum Coupons
Buffalo Soldiers National Museum is featured on the Houston Museum Pass! Travelin’ Coupons donates 10% of its proceeds to the Student Youth Travel Foundation. Thank you for using our Buffalo Soldiers National Museum Coupons Coupons!
Groupon offers several discounts on things to do in Houston. CHECK HERE to see if they have a live deal today! 😍
About Buffalo Soldiers National Museum
African Americans have served proudly in every great American war. These fighting men represented the first Black professional soldiers in a peacetime army. The recruits came from various backgrounds, including former slaves and veterans from service in the Civil War. During the Indian Wars, approximately twenty percent of the U.S. Cavalry troopers were Black and fought over 177 engagements. The combat prowess, bravery, tenaciousness, and looks on the battlefield, inspired the Indians to call them Buffalo Soldiers. The name symbolized the Native American’s respect for the Buffalo Soldiers’ bravery and valor. Down through the years, Buffalo Soldiers have worn the name with pride.
More Information Buffalo Soldiers National Museum
African Americans have fought in military conflicts since colonial days. However, the Buffalo Soldiers, comprised of former slaves, freemen, and Black Civil War soldiers, were the first to serve during peacetime. Once the Westward movement had begun, the Buffalo Soldiers of the U.S. Army were prominent among those blazing treacherous trails of the Wild West. These African Americans were responsible for escorting settlers, cattle herds, and railroad crews. The 9th and 10th Cavalry Regiments also conducted campaigns against American Indian tribes on a western frontier that extended from Montana in the Northwest to Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona in the Southwest.
Buffalo Soldier National Museum Policy
- In order to maintain public safety during the COVID – 19 Pandemic, our facility is currently operating at 25% capacity, please adhere to the following guidelines to ensure safety while at the museum.
- Face mask required by all museum patrons, with the exception of children 2 and under.
- Guests showing signs of the illness at any time will undergo a random temperature check and may be asked to visit at a later date.
- Cash transactions are strongly discouraged. We encourage credit card purchases when possible. No signatures required.
- Wash hands thoroughly upon entering the museum using a designated station. Advance, online ticketing strongly encouraged.
- No large groups allowed. Families of 5 individuals or less may enter and stand together. Any groups beyond 5 must break off into separate groups.
Buffalo Soldiers National Museum
Address & Contact Information
Houston, TX 77004
Travelin’ Coupons Top
Save up to 51 % on top Houston attractions with Houston CityPASS Tickets!
Save $12.50 per person at The Houston Museum of Natural Science with Travelin’ Coupons!
Book your ticket now!
GROUPON offers things to do in Houston for up to 50% off! See what deals they have today!
Houston Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Hawaii or spend some time reading through our Hawaii blog! We love Hawaii and hope you do too!
Know Before You Go! Check Out Our Favorite Hawaii Travel Guide