At this playground for the mind, your children will harness the power of water as FlowWorks unleashes a tsunami of wet, wild fun; run an entire city at Kidtropolis; leap, jump, crawl and climb up PowerPlay; and create, concoct and invent their own gadgets in the Invention Convention. Rated #1 Children’s Museum by Parents magazine. Save big with CityPASS on tickets for the Childrens Museum of Houston!
More Information on Children’s
Come and visit the Children’s Museum of Houston’s Matter Factory offers a glimpse into the concepts of materials science, including properties of matter and potential uses for different substances and smart materials. Next, climb onto the three-story installation lets visitors leap up and down different levels as they discover new ways to get active in the PowerPlay exhibit. Then, dive into the forces and properties of water through waves, vortices and rapids, exploring the fascinating concept of hydropower. Step into a workshop of gadgets and gizmos where kids create, concoct and construct contraptions and use their imagination to become inventors. Come and explore the Children’s Museum of Houston, many more fun and exciting exhibits awaits!
- Step inside the building zone and learn about physics and engineering with hands-on activities.
- Ask and discover the answers to your own science questions with tons of hands-on, investigative experiences.
- Dive into the forces and properties of water through waves, vortices and rapids, and explore the fascinating concept of hydropower.
- Step into a workshop of gadgets and gizmos where kids create, concoct and construct contraptions and use their imagination to become inventors.
- Discount: Get 10% off your purchase of $25 or more at Fiddle Sticks Toys. See booklet for details.
- Push your limits and discover how your body reacts to a variety of physical challenges: climb the 40-foot Power Tower; test your strength at Grip It; complete a special power missions; and more.
- Become a S.E.C.R.E.T. Agent: Become a special field agent and help save the Children’s Museum of Houston exhibits! Join team S.E.C.R.E.T. and take on the difficult task of defeating the villainous group R.I.V.A.L., who is trying to steal the Museum’s energy-emitting crystals for their own nefarious purposes. Children ages 8 and up are needed for this task. Agent enlistment fee: $20 (includes gear and 1 mission).
Houston Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Hawaii or spend some time reading through our Hawaii blog! We love Hawaii and hope you do too!