Fine Arts Houston
Explore one of the largest museums in the U.S. The MFAH is home to nearly 70,000 works of art from around the world, from antiquity to the present. Take advantage of an ever-changing schedule brimming with activities and programs for all ages! Docent-guided visits allow students to form meaningful connections with works of art through close looking and interactive gallery experiences. Save big with CityPASS on tickets for the Museum of Fine Arts Houston!
More Information on Museum
Fine Arts Houston
- Find tranquility in the Cullen Sculpture Garden, an oasis of art and nature showcasing masterworks of 20th- and 21st-century sculpture by artists including Henri Matisse and Auguste Rodin.
- View exquisite objects created in the Near East, Egypt, Greece and the Roman Empire.
- Get a lively overview of the story of art in the United States from the 19th and early 20th centuries in the American art galleries.
- Explore the museum’s Contemporary art collection that ranges across five continents and reflects today’s global culture.
- Introduce art to the whole family with free family activities in the galleries every Sunday afternoon.
- Specially ticketed exhibitions: Some specially ticketed exhibitions, events and films may require an additional fee.
- Discount: Get 10% off in the MFAH gift shop. See booklet or CityPASS Travel Guide for details.
Good To Know
- All public galleries are accessible to wheelchair users and other visitors who cannot use stairs.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays are often less crowded than weekends and Thursdays, when the Museum offers free general admission.
- Groups of 10 or more please call in advance of arrival.
Houston Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Hawaii or spend some time reading through our Hawaii blog! We love Hawaii and hope you do too!