River Kayak Tour
An exciting Hawaiian adventure ideal for ages 5–75, Rainbow Kayak Tours of Wailua River – Kauai features four and a half hours of fun for the entire family to enjoy together. Guests can learn about the Wailua River’s history from one of the knowledgeable tour guides, kayak, and hike to the 120-foot Secret Falls, and dine on a Hawaiian-style lunch. This tour is available daily, excluding Sundays.
More Information on Wailua
River Kayak Tour
Welcome to the Wailua River Kayak Tour. Paddle the majestic Wailua River, the original home of the first Hawaiians, who paddled 1500 miles from the Marquesas Islands to Kaua`i almost 1500 years ago. Hear the legends and learn about the flora and fauna of Kauai`s most sacred area. After paddling past numerous Heiaus (hallowed shrines), you will view ancient Kamokila Village.
Soon you will come to the North Fork where you will paddle leisurely through the Garden Isle’s most beautiful jungle river until you come to the trailhead for Secret Falls. Enjoy a moderate hike through Kauai rainforest to an enchanting waterfall, which descends 80` into a natural pool surrounded by rocks and vegetation – made famous when it was featured in the opening scene of the popular television show, Fantasy Island. Inclement weather rarely stops this fantastic journey! Check-in times: 7:15 am & 12:45 pm. The 4-1/2 hour trip includes lunch.
Eat Hawaiian style after choosing ham, turkey, or vegetarian sandwiches plus beverage and chips. Your expert Kauai guide can also answer many other questions about our beautiful island. Rainbow Kayak is devoted to making your time with us the most interesting and fun of all the activities available on our beautiful island. Of course, we have a head start – we have the Wailua River. It’s a good idea to book your trip with us in advance of arrival. We only take 12 people in the morning and 12 in the afternoon – 6 days per week. Tours go out rain or shine. Come join us on the Wailua River Kayak Tour!
Good To Know
- Hiking and kayaking tour duration: 4.5 hours.
- Suitable for ages 5 to 75.
- Hike to a 120-foot waterfall.
- A Hawaiian style lunch is included.
- Wear a swimsuit under your clothing and bring a light jacket.
What To Bring
- Light comfortable clothing.
- Wear a swimsuit under your clothing.
- Bring a towel, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, and rain gear.
- All visitors should carry an extra bottle of water while on the island.
- You may wish to bring an extra set of clothes to leave in our van.
- Bring the camera and your sense of adventure! (Each kayak has a watertight compartment.)
- Participants should be comfortable in the water, enjoy hiking and be in good physical condition. Expect about 4 miles of paddling and just over one mile of hiking. Trail conditions can be muddy and slippery at times.
- No bad knees or bad backs.
- Must be able to walk 1.5 miles & kayak 60-90 minutes.
- To protect both of you, we cannot accept bookings for women who will be 20 weeks pregnant or more on the date of the tour.
Kauai Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Kauai or spend some time reading through our Kauai blog! We love Kauai and hope you do too!