Encounter Florida Key
Located in the tropical southeastern United States, The Florida Keys are a top destination for visitors of all ages—and the drive from Miami to Key West is one of America’s most iconic road trips. You can reach Dolphin Connection via a 90-mile drive from Miami featuring miles of breathtaking ocean views to admire along the way, so traveling to Dolphin Connection by car is a memorable experience in itself. If you’re planning on spending your next vacation in this awesome place, you need to schedule your Dolphin Encounter Program, one of the top activities among Florida Keys visitors. This program is specially created for all ages.
More Information on Dolphin
Encounter Florida Keys
The most incredible thing about this program at Dolphin Connection is that you’re actually going to be swimming with the most adorable marine animals in their natural habitat. It doesn’t matter if you aren’t a professional swimmer since you’ll be standing on a floating platform inside the water at all times where our lovely dolphins will approach to give you an adorable kiss, a warm hug and the wettest handshake you’ll ever receive.
Dolphins are always excited to hang out with our visitors and share their incredible skills and their friendly companionship. While you are in the water, our marine mammal specialists will teach you some interesting data about our dolphins, the nutrition, reproductive and nursing programs we give to each of our species and special tips to take care of our environment.
Good To Know
- This half-hour program is designed for groups of approximately 6 guests.
- Must be 4’6” (137 cm) or taller to participate. For safety reasons, pregnant women are not permitted. Participants must be able to read, speak and understand the English language.
- We do not allow our guests to be towed or pushed by the dolphins.
- Guests with medical restrictions or special needs are required to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-305-289-0136 to make a reservation.
- Short-style wetsuits are provided free of charge.
- The swimming portion of the program is optional and not required.
- For the dolphin’s health and safety, all items of jewelry must be removed prior to the beginning of the program and should be secured prior to arrival.
- It is also recommended that guests shower both prior to, and after, the experience.
- For liability reasons, personal cameras are not permitted on the docks or in the water but are approved at our beach and overlook areas.
Key West Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Key West or spend some time reading through our Key West blog! We love Key West and hope you do too!