More Information on New England
Explore the Road to Hana inside a luxe Limo-Van during this small-group 9- to 10-hour day trip with gourmet lunch and a visit inside Ka’eleku Cavern. There’s no better way to experience Maui’s iconic drive to Hana than aboard this luxury transport, limited to just eight guests, plus a stop to explore a fascinating volcanic cavern. Start your trip with a morning pickup from your Maui hotel, enjoying a light breakfast of pound cake, fruit juice and Kona coffee as you embark on your drive to Hana.
Your high-end limo-van, which seats a maximum of eight passengers, also offers air-conditioning, plush seating and extra-large windows to enjoy the panoramic views. As you ride, your guide will provide commentary on the sights and add context about the island’s history and native Hawaiian culture. Enjoy the jaw-dropping scenery en route, admiring lush rainforests and stunning coastline as you head toward your first stop at the charming village of Ke’anae, an idyllic town set among the area’s taro fields. Continue your ride to Waikani Falls, one of the road’s more impressive waterfalls, where you can admire its shimmering pools of rainwater.
Soon you’ll arrive at the amazing Ka’eleku Cavern. This giant underground space, created by volcanic activity thousands of years ago, is said to have been born thanks to Pele, the Hawaiian deity of fire. Check out the amazing range of stalagmites and stalactites found throughout this subterranean area, stopping to admire the surreal mounds of hardened “chocolate-like” lava that froze in place more than 30,000 years ago. It’s the perfect spot to grab a few photos. Before continuing your trip, take a lunch break at a pavilion near the cavern.
Enjoy a mouth-watering spread of seared ono with mixed greens, grilled chicken, vegetable pasta salad, brownie and fresh fruit. See the Itinerary below for a sample menu. Proceed further along the road’s gorgeous scenery until you reach Hana. This isolated village along the rugged Pacific coast feels like a real-life tropical paradise thanks to its unspoiled beaches and luxuriant rainforests. Jump out of your limo-van to wander the area’s gushing waterfalls and thick groves of bamboo.
Then join your guide for an exploration of the Hana Tropicals, a gorgeous plant nursery and garden that’s full of beautiful flowers and vegetation. Make the return trip back home at a leisurely “Maui-style” pace, taking time to stop en route for swimming in one of the gorgeous freshwater pools and to simply kick back and enjoy the mellow vibes and gorgeous landscapes. Arrive back at your Maui hotel in the early evening.
- Tour mysterious Ka’eleku Cavern and see ancient lava formations. This Fun, Safe and Easy walk through passages free of bats and mosquitoes takes about 1 hour.
- Enjoy a light morning snack and ice-cold soft drinks on board, plus a Pacific Rim lunch
- Explore the stunning waterfalls, bamboo forests and tropical gardens of Hana
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures a more personalized experience
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Lite morning snack
- Picnic lunch including grilled herb marinated chicken breast and lightly blackened 7 spice seared ono. *Vegetarian / Vegan / Gluten-free lunch entree available
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional, Hawai’i State Certified Tour Driver / Guide
- Transport by luxury Limo-Van Ice-cold bottled water and tropical fruit juices
- Cave tour (gear included)