Memphis Mojo Tour
90-minute guided tour of Memphis music sights featuring live music performed by your guide. Sights include Beale Street, Stax Museum of American Soul Music, Civil Rights Museum, Elvis Presley Plaza, and Overton Park Shell. 10-minute stop at Sun Studio.
More Information on
Memphis Mojo Tour
It’s the only tour in town that puts Memphis and its musical heritage in the hands of real musicians: they don’t just talk about the music, but perform it live as you see the sights. You can be part of the action, too, with tambourines, bongos, and shakers on board. Get your mojo workin’, and shake, rattle, and roll! Make your reservation and buy your eTicket today. Climb aboard the Backbeat Bus for a musical sightseeing tour to beat the band!
- A sightseeing tour led by experienced and talented Memphis musicians
- Live blues, rock, gospel and soul music
- The popular vintage 1959 GM transit bus “Miss Clawdy” or her younger sister, “Miss Molly”
- Invitations to sing, clap, and play a musical instrument
- The Backbeat Rhythm Section with tambourines, bongos and shakers
- 10-minute stop at Sun Studio
- Rock the streets of Memphis on the one-of-a-kind Backbeat music bus, and see Beale Street, Sun Studio, Stax Records, the Lorraine Motel, the Pyramid, the Mississippi River, movie locations and more.
Good To Know
- All of the dialog used on the tour is family friendly
- Passengers are invited to participate on every tour. You can sing, play, or shout! You are welcome to bring your own instruments on the bus and “sit in” on your favorite songs. Ask your guide when you board for more details. Backbeat Tours disclaims all liability for the damage, destruction, or loss of any musical instruments you bring on board the bus
- You can bring any foods, alcoholic, or nonalcoholic beverages you would like on the bus
- The tour buses have limited wheelchair accessibility. Call the Customer Service number on your eTicket for more information.
Memphis Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Memphis or spend some time reading through our Memphis blog! We love Memphis and hope you do too!