How To Redeem
Kid Ory House Coupons
Purchase your ticket through our partner, Tripshock! Travelin’ Coupons donates 10% of its proceeds to the Student Youth Travel Foundation. We appreciate and thank you for using our Kid Ory House Coupons!
Groupon offers several discounts on things to do in New Orleans. CHECK HERE to see if they have a live deal today! 😍
Kid Ory House
One of the oldest structures in St. John the Baptist parish, the 1811/Kid Ory Historic House figures in two noteworthy moments in American history: The 1811 rebellion of enslaved people and the dawn of jazz. The first blood of the rebellion was drawn in the house and pioneering jazz bandleader, composer, trombonist, and recording artist Edward “Kid” Ory was born in the quarters there in 1886. Both stories come alive in exhibits that include antiques, homemade instruments, interpretive story panels, period maps, working antique phonographs, interactive displays of music and video, and Ory’s century-old trombone.
More Information on
Kid Ory House
One of the oldest structures in St. John the Baptist Parish, the 1811/Kid Ory Historic House juxtaposes two noteworthy moments in American history – The 1811 rebellion of enslaved people and the dawn of jazz. The rebellion was a brave yet desperate gamble for freedom which ended in a slaughter. Kid Ory’s tale is one of a pioneering artist who arose from the fields of that same plantation to help define an emerging art form. The guides strive to tell both stories with accuracy, sensitivity, and the nuance they demand. Take a step back into history, and book your tickets today.
- Self-guided tour of 1811/Kid Ory Historic House
- See antique, homemade instruments, interpretive story panels, period maps, working antique phonographs, & interactive displays
- Kid Ory’s tale is one of a pioneering artist who rose from the fields of this plantation
- 1811 room is furnished as it would have been then
- All ages activity
- Duration: 1.5 Hrs.
- Admission to the house and grounds
What To Bring
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Picnic breakfast or lunch
- Sunglasses & Sunscreen
- Face mask
- Open Tuesday-Sunday from 10:00 AM-3:00 PM.
- The historic house is approximately 35 minutes away from New Orleans.
- There are 4 acres of grounds that guests are welcome to picnic on.
- Service animals are permitted.
- Photos and videos are welcomed and encouraged.
- The grounds are handicap accessible.
- Restrooms are available.
Kid Ory House
Address & Contact Information
Laplace, LA 70068
Travelin’ Coupons Top
New Orleans Deals
Save $15.00 at BYOB Nightly Cemetry Bus Tour when book a ticket with Travelin’ Coupons!
Save $4.75 at New Orleans Steamboat Natchez Dinner Cruise! Book your tour now!
GROUPON offers things to do in New Orleans for up to 50% off! See what deals they have live today!
New Orleans Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on New Orleans or spend some time reading through our New Orleans blog! We love New Orleans and hope you do too!
Know Before You Go! Check Out Our Favorite New Orleans Travel Guide