Wild Louisiana Tours is one of the very first kayak outfitters in the state of Louisiana. A small family-run company, they specialize in New Orleans swamp kayak tours as well as guest accommodation and tour quality and information. All of their guides have been trained extensively on the natural history of Louisiana. Having toured many outdoor outfitters across the nation, they have taken what they learned and created a company that provides visitors to New Orleans with a high-end outdoor experience. They know that guests expect highly informative tours and great customer service, and that is what they aim to provide!
More Information on Wild
Escape from the hustle and bustle of downtown New Orleans with Wild Louisiana Tours. Relax and unwind for 2-3 hours as a trained guide takes guests down the slow-moving bayous of the Manchac Swamp in a kayak or canoe. Take in local wildlife as guests learn of the rich cultural history of the area. The moss-covered cypress groves of Manchac are sight guests have to see
- 2-3 -hour guided kayak/canoe tour through Manchac swamp, including a logging ghost town
- See nature at its finest with alligators, snakes, turtles, egrets, eagles, owls, and more
- Wonderful picture-taking opportunities
- Paddle the slow-moving waters through moss-covered cypress trees
- Duration: 2 – 3 Hrs.
- All kayaking equipment
- Life jacket
- Tour guide
- All children 8 and under must wear a life jacket during the entire experience.
- Glass bottles or items are prohibited on the kayak.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Wild Louisiana Tours are not handicap accessible.
- No service dogs allowed.
- Guests who appear to be intoxicated will not be allowed.
What To Bring
- Weather appropriate attire
- Water, Sunscreen & Sunglasses
- Small coolers, Camera, Hat & Bug spray
- Gratuity is not included.
- Free parking on-site is available.
- Please arrive at 105 Gary Rd, Laplace, LA 70068, by 10 AM for the 10:15 AM tour or 12:45 PM for a 1 PM tour.
- Very little experience is necessary to paddle the slow-moving bayou, making it a perfect activity for people of all ages.
- Kayaks and canoes seat up to 2-people.
- Our tours are fun for all.
- Our tours go rain or shine.
- Please phone 850-424-5125 for inquiries about large groups and specialized packages.
New Orleans Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on New Orleans or spend some time reading through our New Orleans blog! We love New Orleans and hope you do too!