Soul Food Jazz Tour
Discover the fascinating world of jazz on an unforgettable tour through Harlem. Learn about the area’s music history, visit at least two venues to get a feel of what’s happening in the local scene. If you’re a singer or soloist, get up and join the band.
More Information on Harlem
Soul Food Jazz Tour
Delve into the Harlem Jazz world on an unforgettable tour through one of New York’s most fascinating neighborhoods. Go sightseeing in Harlem’s historic jazz district, and learn the history of the area as you move from one club to the next. Meet in a conveniently located Harlem location near the subway line. Visit two neighborhood joints to indulge in great music so you can understand a variety of styles and atmospheres that exist in Harlem today.
Want to have dinner or sample local cuisine? No problem, dinner or appetizers can be arranged at the first club you visit. Drinks are available for purchase at each venue. The best has been saved for last: if you’re a musician or singer, you can actually perform at one of the clubs you visit! There’s nothing more exciting for the group than to have a talented member of the audience get up on stage and jam with the band.
- Hear at least 2 sets of live music covering a range of styles and atmospheres
- Learn about the Harlem jazz scene during an intimate group tour
- Indulge in authentic soul food at the first venue you visit (optional)
- Explore the history of Harlem as you walk through its historic streets
- Get to know New York’s music history with the help of a guide
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and flexible guide service
- Transportation costs
- Cover charges to all clubs
- The chance to perform (if circumstances permit)
What’s Not Included
- Food and Drinks
What To Bring
- Comfortable clothes
Know Before You Know
- Formal dress is not required. Dress for comfort as we’ll be out in all kinds of weather as well as in hot or cold clubs.
- There will be some walking, up to 10 city blocks at a time, on this tour.
- Photography is encouraged, but only of the musicians not the other patrons and neighbors.
- Please note that this tour can be fitted to suit your particular interests, so please let your guide know what you like.
New York City Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on New York City or spend some time reading through our New York City blog! We love New York City and hope you do too!