Intrepid Museum Overnight
Step inside the shoes of a sailor by staying overnight at the Intrepid Museum. Operation Slumber provides guests with exclusive access to the ship and Space Shuttle Pavilion, along with hands-on activities that demonstrate the life of a sailor. Bring your sleeping bag and prepare for an extraordinary time at the Intrepid Museum, from sunset to sunrise!
More Information on The
Intrepid Museum Overnight
Get exclusive access to the ship and Space Shuttle Pavilion, and sleep among the aircraft, just like enlisted sailors once did. Operation Slumber Overnight program is an incredible opportunity for youth and families to discover what it takes to eat, live and sleep aboard the Intrepid. Intrepid is better than ever and all yours from sunset until sunrise the following day. Participants sleep amongst the planes and exhibits in our Hangar Deck on cots provided by the Museum. Please bring your own sleeping bags and/or blankets.
All youth must be at least 6 years old and no older than 17 years old. Programming is ideal for children between 8 and 12 years old. We require at least one (1) adult for every five (5) youth ages 8 and up. Adults must be 21 years of age or older. For youth under 8 years of age, we require a ratio of one (1) adult for every (1) youth. Youth participants must be between the ages of 6-17. Children under 6 are not allowed. Programming is ideal for children between 8 and 12 years old.
The cost of Operation Slumber is the same for ALL individual participants.- adults and children. Please note that Operation Slumber ends at 8:00 am the next day. All forms included on the Pre-Visit Kit must be completed and returned (2) weeks prior to the date of visit. Guests will need to fill out a WAIVER and submit 2 weeks prior to event date. Waiver, along with pre-arrival information, will be emailed to you, after purchase. Please note ALL SALES ARE FINAL. If the event operation slumber is cancelled due to weather, tickets would be fully refunded.
- 6:15 pm – 7:30 pm – Check-In and bring your bags to the Hangar Deck to find your sleeping location for the night!
- 6:15 pm – 7:30 pm – See the Space Shuttle Enterprise up close and learn about the history of our space shuttle program.
- 7:30 pm – 11:00pm – Activities: The Intrepid Story Movie, Kamikaze Experience, Exploratory Talks, Guided Tours, XD Theater Rides, Inflatable Planetarium, Hands-On-Activities
- 11:30pm – 12:00am – Retire to sleeping quarters for lights out at 12:00am
- *Evening Snacks – Additional food options will be available for purchase
- 6:30am – Rise & Shine! Pack belongings.
- 6:45am – 7:45am – Complimentary light breakfast. Additional food options will be available for purchase
- 7:30am – 8:00am – Gift Bag Distribution / Gift Shop Opens
- 8:00am – PROGRAM ENDS.
- 10:00am – Museum Re-Opens for General Admission. Guests may choose to use their Museum voucher to re-enter the Museum at this time or return within 60 days.
- *Youth participant will receive a complimentary gift bag as well as a voucher to return to the Museum within (60) days of the event.
New York City Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on New York City or spend some time reading through our New York City blog! We love New York City and hope you do too!