Located along Navy Pier in downtown San Diego, USS Midway Museum features the longest-serving U.S. Navy aircraft carrier of the 20th century. Guests can enjoy a self-guided audio tour of 60 different locations on the carrier, from the engine to the control tower; and family-friendly activities including listening to real pilot conversations during Desert Storm, climbing in bunks, and more.
More Information on USS
Imagine experiencing life at sea aboard one of America’s longest-serving aircraft carriers. Visitors to the USS Midway Museum enter a floating city at sea and walk in the footsteps of 225,000 Midway sailors who served our country and upheld the American ideals of strength, freedom, and peace. The USS Midway Museum is an unforgettable adventure for the entire family. Guests can spend the day exploring more than 60 exhibits with a collection of 29 restored aircraft. The self-guided audio tour, narrated by Midway sailors, brings the carrier’s history to life. Those who dare can “take to the sky” aboard one of two flight simulators.
Good To Know
- Offers self guided audio tour in six languages.
- 60% of exhibits are wheelchair accessible.
- Parking available for a fee.
- Museum is open from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Last admission is 4:00 pm.
- Features more than 60 exhibits and 29 restored aircrafts.
- Our self-guided audio tour is available in 6 languages; English, Spanish, French, German, Japanese and Chinese.
- When purchasing tickets you will choose a date and time for your museum visit. Please arrive at your chosen date and time with your tickets, and review all information in your email confirmation.
- Bring your own wired earbuds/headphones to enjoy our award-winning audio tour.
- For your safety, USS Midway Museum’s below deck tour routes, guided Island Tour, “Battle of Midway” theater, simulator & Virtual Reality experiences, and climb aboard cockpits are temporarily closed.
San Diego Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on San Diego or spend some time reading through our San Diego blog! We love San Diego and hope you do too!