About San Diego
SEAL Tour Embarcadero
Tour San Diego from the perspective of land and sea on an exciting SEAL tour. As San Diego’s only amphibious tour, you’ll drive through the city’s stunning streets before making a splash into the harbor. See top landmarks and icons including Point Loma, the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, and Shelter Island. Remember to be on the lookout for resident sea lions basking in the San Diego sun!
More Information on San Diego
SEAL Tour Embarcadero
Make a Splash on the SEAL! Experience San Diego as it was meant to be experienced…by land and by sea! The new “Hydra Terras” provide you with the unique ability to see America’s Finest City on San Diego’s only amphibious sightseeing tour. This 90-minute fully-narrated journey departs from Harbor Drive located at Broadway Pier. As you travel along the beautiful Big Bay by land, you will learn about the early fishing industry, the people as well as the history of this 14-mile long working bay. The tour on land takes you past the San Diego International Airport dedicated to aviator Charles Lindbergh, just one of the many people you will hear about on your tour.
Then, you will splash down into San Diego Bay off Shelter Island, where you begin your water-tour segment of the journey. As the SEAL travels through the north end of the Big Bay, keep your eyes peeled for a chance encounter with a California Brown Pelican, the majestic Blue Heron, or perhaps a Sea Lion or two. Learn about the important role the military plays in San Diego. The Big Bay provides views of Point Loma, home to the Cabrillo National Monument, Naval Air Station North Island, the Point Loma Submarine Base, the Scripps Institution of Oceanography and the Navy’s marine mammal training center.
The return trip takes you, once again, back up on land where you will return to your starting point via Harbor Drive while you pass the Maritime Museum, the Cruise Ship Terminal and the USS Midway Museum. The San Diego SEAL tour fleet consists of 8 amphibious vehicles manufactured specifically for the tourism industry. These vessels are completely U.S. Coast Guard approved and meet all required regulations for Department of Transportation passenger vessels. Every effort has been made to make these vehicles the strongest and safest possible.
- While you may see a seal on the tour, you most likely will see sea lions. The name “SEAL TOURS” is an acronym for “Sea And Land” Adventure tour.
- Tour is not wheel-chair accessible from Embarcadero. Guests must check in 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Guests are advised to arrive 1 hour early before departure time during busy season.
- Late check-in may result in forfeited reserved seat.
- Closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Days.
- Special events, weather and low-tide conditions may cause delays, detours or cancellations.
- Special Events: Rock & Roll Marathon-June 5; Comic-Con Convention-July 21-24; July 4th celebrations; AFC Marathon-August 21; Balboa Park December night-December 2 & 3.
San Diego Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on San Diego or spend some time reading through our San Diego blog! We love San Diego and hope you do too!