Travel back in time and visit Beauvoir! Take a guided tour of the Jefferson Davis home, library, museum, and cemetery. Learn about the culture of the late 1800s and Mississippi history. Follow Oyster Bayou to the Beauvoir Memorial Confederate Cemetery, which is the home of the Unknown Confederate Soldier, that was found near Vicksburg, Mississippi. Enjoy a self-guided tour at your own pace and visit the unique gift shop. Spend the day at Beauvoir and take in the incredible history, culture, and nature! Book today!
More Information on
Beauvoir’s Confederate Memorial Cemetery is a plot of land on the back half of the property, lining up next to Beauvoir Drive. Their cemetery is the final resting place for a total of 784 graves comprised of Confederate Veterans, Wives, Widows, and Civilians. They are also the final resting place for Samuel Emory Davis, father of President Jefferson Davis. In the front of their cemetery, they host the Tomb of the Unknown Confederate Soldier and the United Daughters of the Confederacy Memorial Archway. In April of every year, they host Confederate Memorial Day to memorialize their Confederate Veterans at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
- Beauvoir – Jefferson Davis Home & Presidential Library Tour in Biloxi, Mississippi
- View exhibits highlighting Jefferson Davis’ life & the life of Confederate soldiers
- Guided tour of the Jefferson Davis home, library, museum, & cemetery
- Watch informational films featuring the history of the South
- Self-guided tour of Mrs. Varian’s Garden & the grounds
- Beauvoir – Jefferson Davis Home & Presidential Library Tour
- Self-guided walking tour
- Guided tour of the home
What To Bring
- Weather appropriate attire
- In an effort to provide the most accurate information regarding all COVID-19 measures, policies, restrictions, and requirements, please refer to the most up to date CDC guidelines prior to your activity/trip date.
- Areas of the property are accessible by walking and stairs only.
- Guided tour of home is not included in Grounds Only ticket.
- Transportation is not included.