About Death Valley
Take a day to traverse the Mojave Desert through stunning rugged terrain on a day trip from Las Vegas. See the salt flats of Death Valley, visit the Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes, and stop at Hell’s Gate. Enjoy the scenic outdoors and rugged extremes of the western United States with a visit to Death Valley. Sample local treats and visit top secret Area 51. See ghost towns of the Wild West, and famous Zabriskie Point. Stop at remote Area 51 Alien Center. Keep watch for top secret military aircraft flying training runs nearby. Work up an appetite and visit Death Valley Nut and Candy Company.
More Information on Death Valley
See the ghost town of Rhyolite, which came into prosperity in 1904 when gold was found. Pay a visit to the Goldwell Open Air Museum with its local oddities. Enter Death Valley, with a stop at Hell’s Gate. Head out to the Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes. Trek through the sand where Star Wars characters once walked, then take off to Furnace Creek Visitor Center, where the highest-ever temperature was recorded. Ask the park rangers questions or pick up a souvenir. Finally, visit Badwater Basin, with the lowest elevation in North America (282 feet below sea level) and then Zabriskie Point. Snap a selfie in the 150-mile-long park, a swirl of colors in the background.
- Walk the lowest elevation in North America
- Enjoy quirky stops of desert Americana
- See Furnace Creek, where the highest-recorded temperature occurred
Not Suitable for
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with heart problems
- People with a cold
- People with pre-existing medical conditions
- People with low level of fitness
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Death Valley entrance fees
- Fresh deli-made lunch
- Bottled water
- Sit-down, late-morning breakfast at historic restaurant
What’s Not Included
Know Before You Go
- We do not recommend you book shows, travel plans, or dinner reservations after the tour. Although we maintain a consistent schedule there can be unforeseen circumstances that alter the schedule. We are not responsible for any expenses incurred do to loss of travel plans after the tour concludes.
What To Bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- ID card, copy accepted
- Face mask or protective covering
- Luggage or large bags
- Smoking in the vehicle
- Non-folding wheelchairs
- Non-folding strollers
- Alcohol and drugs
- Electric wheelchairs
- Bare feet
Travelin’ Coupons Top
Las Vegas Deals
Get 20% off any game at Escapology Las Vegas! It’s the real-life escape game. Do you have what it takes to Escape?
Get $8.00 off your Dream Racing Driving Experience Las Vegas! Yes! Get ready for drive of a lifetime in your dream race car at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
GROUPON offers things to do in Las Vegas for up to 50% off! See what tickets they have today!
Las Vegas Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Las Vegas or spend some time reading through our Las Vegas blog! We love Las Vegas and hope you do too!