Smooth Water Bus Trip
Want to turn your typical family vacation up a notch? Experience the thrill of Canyon Smooth Water Bus Trip on a 15.5-mile smooth water float trip between the majestic walls of Glen Canyon and Horseshoe Bend. This incredible journey begins early in the morning after ground transport arrives at your Grand Canyon hotel. Watch the desert nature pass you by as you are transported comfortably from the South Rim to Page, Arizona. Sights include the Eastern Rim, the Navajo Reservation, and Painted Desert.
More Information on Canyon
Smooth Water Bus Trip
Upon arrival to Canyon Smooth Water Bus Trip, you will begin your incredible sightseeing raft adventure! Each participant will be supplied with a light box lunch to be enjoyed at their leisure during their trip. With the river beckoning, you and your family will board a motorized raft designed to comfortably hold 32 passengers. During your journey the raft will stop on the river bank for a truly exciting sight. Travel down a short path along the canyon floor to find authentic ancient petroglyphs.
Your guide will interpret these symbols for you and provide a history of the people who once roamed within this region. Soon, your raft will reach Horseshoe Bend – the famously curious twist in the Colorado River. The coursing river will eventually carry you to historic Lee’s Ferry for your rafting tour’s end. You will board the awaiting ground transport for your return trip. Your journey back to the South Rim offers views of the Navajo Indian Reservation and includes a brief stop at the Cameron Trading Post along the way.
Good To Know
- All guests must be at least 4 years old to enjoy this experience.
- Operation dates are March 1st through October 31st
- Includes 15.5-mile rafting on the Colorado River, Short hike to view ancient petroglyphs
- Box lunch included.
- Bring your I.D. – All passengers booked on a tour must have government issued forms of identification.
- Be sure to book your tour as early in your trip as possible.
- Water: You may bring a bottle of water, however the bottle is not allowed to be opened in the aircraft.
- Don’t forget your camera! Cameras and phones are allowed and encouraged, but please be aware that the use of “Selfie Sticks” and extending camera poles are strictly prohibited in and around the aircraft.
- Not sure what to wear? Layered clothing is recommended through the months of March to September, and winter clothing should be worn from October to mid-March.
- Wear sensible shoes. The ground at the Grand Canyon is rough, rocky and uneven. It is important to wear sturdy, toe-covering shoes that can handle rough terrain. Sneakers or hiking boots are highly recommended.
Travelin’ Coupons Top
Las Vegas Deals
Get 20% off any game at Escapology Las Vegas! It’s the real-life escape game. Do you have what it takes to Escape?
Get $8.00 off your Dream Racing Driving Experience Las Vegas! Yes! Get ready for drive of a lifetime in your dream race car at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
GROUPON offers things to do in Las Vegas for up to 50% off! See what tickets they have today!
Las Vegas Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Las Vegas or spend some time reading through our Las Vegas blog! We love Las Vegas and hope you do too!