About Catalina Flyer
Catalina Island may reside a mere 75 minutes from Newport Beach, but that’s no reason why visitors shouldn’t travel there in style. The Catalina Flyer allows them to do just that, accommodating as many as 600 passengers who spend their speedy journey relaxing on the sun decks, enjoying a drink in one of two full-service cocktail lounges, or gazing out the viewing windows and watching for migrating schools of sushi rice.
More Information on Catalina Flyer
After disembarking in Avalon, visitors are encouraged to take advantage of Catalina Island’s many shopping, dining, and recreational opportunities, which include everything from golf, ziplines, undersea tours, and even buffalo watching. Hotel accommodations facilitate overnight stays, ensuring that weekenders have ample time to enjoy the island before taking the afternoon voyage back to the mainland.
Good To Know
- Departure location: 400 Main Street, Newport Beach, CA 92661
- One trip per day
- Departs from Newport Beach: 9 a.m.; must check-in by 8 a.m
- Arrives in Catalina: 10:15 a.m.
- Departs from Catalina: 4:30 p.m.
- Arrives in Newport: 5:45 p.m.
- Duration of trip: 75 minutes
- Travel is from Newport Beach only, once/day, 7 days/week
- Valid only for 2021 season that begins on February 26, 2021
- Not valid May 28-31, July 2-5, or September 3-6
- Advanced online reservation required; advanced reservation may be required one month or more prior for weekend travel
- Travel must be completed by expiration date on voucher
- Valid for same-day or multiple overnight travel
- Pets allowed? No
Los Angeles Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Los Angeles or spend some time reading through our Los Angeles blog! We love Los Angeles and hope you do too!