Journey Panama City Beach
Now during your visit to Gulf World by Dolphin Discovery you’ll be able to enjoy an incredible brand new experience, swimming with two different types of dolphins; rough-toothed and bottlenose dolphins. Gulf World is the only park of the world that offers to all our visitors this new amazing interactive program: Swim Journey! Both type of dolphins are really adorable and social but the most visible difference between them is that the rough-toothed dolphins have a conical head, a slender nose and as the name implies; their teeth have a roughened surface with narrow irregular ridges while bottlenose dolphins have a shorter snout and a more visibly bulging melon (forehead).
More Information on Swim
Journey Panama City Beach
Immerse yourself in the water and take a closer look at this fabulous marine mammals and discover their amazing world, this experience does not end with the swimming journey program, while you are in the water one of our marine mammal specialists will teach you and your party about their nutritional, nursing and reproduction program as well as some tips to take care of our environment to make a better world for everyone.
Our Swim Journey program includes amazing activities with the dolphins like the double dorsal ride, funny mimics, awesome handshake, the most adorable kiss and the coziest hug you’ll ever had. Your Swim Journey ticket includes your admission to Gulf World Park facilities and attractions, the funniest sea lion show and the most adorable friends & furry show you’ll ever see. Remember that for this activities you must bring your swimming suit and a towel we also recommend to bring biodegradable sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun and our species from the chemical residues from the sunscreen. The use of life jacket for our aquatic activities it’s mandatory (This are provided by Gulf World facilities).
Good To Know
- Participants must be 18 years old and at least 4A533;7″ to do program by themselves.
- The use of life vests is required in all water programs.
- At Gulf World we have groups of up to 4 people for Swim Journey.
- Guests are allowed up to 4 complimentary observers per swimmer. Observers are required to pay regular admission. Additional observers must pay a $5 observer fee.
- Please do not leave children unattended.
- Due to the fact that there is no platform in this habitat, participants must be able to comfortably tread water for 30 min.
- Participants will be measured before participating in program at check in.
- Expectant mothers are not eligible to participate in this program.
- Participants must be able to speak and understand English.
- Participants must be free of open wounds and show no signs of illness.
- No refunds will be given unless cancelled by Gulf World.
- For security reasons, the use cameras in the water is not allowed, professional photos will be available for sale.
- You will find signs around the front entrance of the Park that will enable guests and Park employees to determine if someone qualifies for the children price or not. Guest will be measured with their shoes on.
Panama City Beach Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Panama City Beach or spend some time reading through our Panama City Beach blog! We love Panama City Beach and hope you do too!