Discover playful sea otters, graceful octopuses, luminous moon jellies and more. Be amazed by Window on Washington Waters, a 120,000-gallon exhibit with daily dive shows. Touch live sea creatures in tide pools. Immerse yourself in the Underwater Dome’s 360-degree view. Take a virtual trip to the tropics in the Pacific Coral Reef exhibit. Learn about the Aquarium’s mission: Inspiring Conservation of the Marine Environment.
More Information on
- Step through a short tunnel into the one-of-a-kind underwater dome. You’ll get a 360-degree view into a mammoth 400,000-gallon tank filled with hundreds of fascinating Puget Sound fish!
- Meet a fabulous assortment of charming and entertaining marine mammals: gregarious sea otters, river otters, harbor seals and fur seals.
- Discover some of the most interesting and eye-catching animals that make their homes in the warm waters of the tropical Pacific Ocean.
- Experience a one-of-a-kind glimpse into life under the surface of Puget Sound at the Window on Washington Waters exhibit, a mammoth 120,000-gallon exhibit filled with more than 800 fish and invertebrates indigenous to the Pacific Northwest’s local waters.
- Don’t miss the dive shows in the Window on Washington Waters and the Underwater Dome. The divers wear special masks so they can talk to the visitors.
- The mammal feeding times also include informative training demonstrations.
- Best time to visit: Visit weekdays after 1pm during winter and weekdays before 11am during summer when it’s less crowded.
- Accessibility: All regular exhibits are wheelchair accessible.
- Groups: Groups of 20 or more: Call (206) 693-6196 in advance of arrival.
Seattle Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Seattle or spend some time reading through our Seattle blog! We love Seattle and hope you do too!