Starcenter Ice Skating
Looking for a fun activity? Grab your friends and family and hit the ice at your local StarCenter! They offer public skating sessions at the Children’s Health StarCenter Euless, Farmers Branch, Mansfield, McKinney, Plano, Richardson, and the Comerica Center in Frisco. As Stewards of ice sports in Texas, the Dallas Stars and its professionally managed StarCenters are dedicated to providing unique family entertainment in a positive, fun, and healthy environment, where skaters from beginner to elite, can develop their skills and a life-long passion for getting out on the ice.
More Information on
Starcenter Ice Skating
StarCenters in Dallas offers public ice skating, hockey, and figure skating lessons. Hockey leagues are also available for all ages. The StarCenters are great for private parties, corporate events, and birthday parties. Moreover, the StarCenter-Frisco serves as the home practice facility for the NHL Dallas Stars. Practices are open to the general public.
The Dallas Stars and its Community Ice Rinks are proud to administer Learn to Skate USA. This curriculum is the only Learn to Skate program endorsed by USA Hockey, US Speed Skating, Special Olympics, and US Figure Skating. Lastly, classes are organized into age-specific levels and designed for any beginner to acquire the necessary skills to enjoy the sport of Ice Skating for a lifetime!
RULES OF SKATING PRO-TIME | STARCENTER
- Firstly, private skating lessons are permitted during Skating Pro-Time sessions.
- Secondly, skating Pro-Time sessions will be scheduled as standalone sessions.
- Students and coaches must pay for their session time at the front desk before taking the ice.
- Skating Pro-Time sessions are designed for lower-level skaters and hockey players working on developing skating skills. Jumps and spins are limited. No full rotation jumps or any spins other than uprights are permitted.
- No more than (2) students at one time may receive instruction. No group lessons or group classes may be taught during Skating Pro-Time sessions.
- Sticks, pucks, cones, harnesses, buckets, or other training aids are prohibited during Skating Pro-Time sessions.
- No electronic devices are allowed on the ice anytime, including all cell phones, cameras, headphones, or Bluetooth music devices.
- The overhead sound system is not to be used during Skating Pro-Time sessions to play students’ individual program music.
- Professionals can not carry children or other items while teaching during Skating Pro-Time sessions.
- Students will not sit on the dasher boards, in the penalty boxes, or on the player’s benches.
- Professionals should abide by the Professional Instructor’s Responsibility Code.
Dallas Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Dallas or spend some time reading through our Dallas blog! We love Dallas and hope you do too!