Texas Discovery Gardens is a 7.5-acre organic botanic garden featuring native and adapted plants. Inside, our two-story Rosine Smith Sammons Butterfly House and Insectarium transport you to a tropical rainforest, complete with hundreds of free-flying butterflies. Located in Dallas’ historic Fair Park, Texas Discovery Gardens is a year-round, organically maintained urban oasis filled with natural wonders. Family festivals, free admission days, and our extensive (and growing) EarthKeepers student education program introduce children and adults to natural outdoor learning experiences.
More Information on Texas
We are the first public garden in Texas to be certified 100% organic by the Texas Organic Research Center. The gardens are maintained using sustainable methods that conserve water and help to protect the environment. Their vision is to provide our Dallas community with a safe and natural oasis. They want every visitor to leave with the knowledge and desire to emulate our sustainable practices at home!
Good To Know
- Our Butterfly House is 100% wheelchair accessible. Our 7.5 acres of gardens feature wheelchair-accessible paths. If you need a wheelchair provided, please ask the front desk when you arrive.
- You can take as many pictures as you want. We encourage it! If you’re taking portraits (graduation, family, bridal, etc.)
- First responders, military (active and retired), and educators receive half off admission for themselves and a guest. Just show a badge or ID!
- Enter Fair Park through Gate 6 at the intersection of Martin Luther King Jr Blvd. and Robert B Cullum Blvd. Take an immediate right at the gate and park in Lot 6B to your right. Texas Discovery Gardens should be across the street from you!
- Spend the day at Fair Park — we’re next door to the Children’s Aquarium, and the African American Museum is a short walk away.
Dallas Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Dallas or spend some time reading through our Dallas blog! We love Dallas and hope you do too!