Sawgrass Recreation Park
Be thrilled as you zoom through the Florida wetlands on this thrilling Everglades Airboat Ride and Animal Exhibits adventure at Sawgrass Recreation Park! Feel the excitement and learn the history of Florida’s most remarkable treasure – the Everglades. Renew your spirit as you glide across miles of river at speeds up to 40 mph. Get up close to native wildlife, many of whom are endangered in this fragile environment. Enjoy a 30-minute airboat ride and watch a live alligator show—adventure through the wilderness walking trail while learning interesting facts. Get in on the fun with this wild Florida experience today! Great for all ages! Book yours today!
More Information on
Sawgrass Recreation Park
After your airboat ride, explore our exhibit areas featuring over 50 reptiles that have been adopted and rescued. In the Reptile Exhibit, take a walk on the wild side back in time with an original dinosaur, the Florida Alligator. Be sure to bring your camera, so you can capture the excitement of you meeting one of these majestic animals with our “Meet a Baby Alligator” experience.
Different animals often include reptiles like tortoises and iguanas. Be sure to stop by The Gator Grill for lunch before you leave. Enjoy Gator Bites, tacos, burgers, and more at our on-site food truck. Souvenirs, snacks, and beverages are available in the Gator Emporium. Children are allowed on board the airboats, and children ages three and under are free. Children ages six and under must wear a life jacket for safety. Tour is suitable for children of all ages.
- General Admission Tickets for Sawgrass Recreation Park in Weston, Florida
- Catch a glimpse of endangered wildlife as you skim across the glassy water on your 30-minute airboat ride
- Learn of the unique ecosystem of the Everglades from experienced tour guides
- Exhibit area featuring different reptile species adopted and rescued previously
- Over a dozen fun and educational presentations included daily
- Meet with animal handlers and ask any questions you may have
- Fun for everyone ages 2+
- Duration: 2 Hrs.
- 30 minute airboat ride
- Exhibits at Sawgrass (Reptile Glades Exhibit and Exotic Wildlife)
- Jungle Trail and observation platform
- Alligator, wildlife, and nature show
- Ear protection
What to Bring
- Weather appropriate attire
- Comfortable shoes
- Bug spray
- Be sure to stop by The Gator Grill for lunch (for an additional cost) before you leave. Enjoy Gator Bites, tacos, burgers, a special kids meal and more at onsite food truck. The Sweeth Tooth Cafe serves up Swamp Sundae’s, fresh made lemonade and much more.
- Park typically opens seasonally from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM, airboats typically run every 30 minutes throughout the day until 4:00 PM. Times can vary
- Airboats run up river at top speeds of up to 40 mph.
- Free parking available on-site.
- Gratuities not included.
- Restrooms available.