About Farm to
Discover West Oahu’s history through its people, food, landmarks, and stories. On this tour, you’ll learn more about the Hawaiian culture and lifestyle by visiting three farm locations not open to the public. From sea level to high in the mountaintops, you’ll see how Oahu’s natural landscape alters food production, tourism, and the livelihoods of the locals with help from your interpretive tour guide.
More Information on Farm to
Experience Waianae, a special part of Oahu encountered by a few visitors. The Waianae coast is home to rural communities, sleepy white sand beaches, lush mountains, and a small-town vibe. This tour takes you to the heart of the community to tour a local farm and hike through private forest reserves.
Your journey begins on the coast, where your Certified Interpretive Guide will help you to see the land divisions of old Hawaii and explain the “ahupuaa” system (ancient Hawaiian way of identifying neighborhoods). From there, you head inland to visit a local organic farm operation that teaches and employs underprivileged youth how to farm and how to pick up essential business skills.
After your organic farm immersive experience, you will head up the mountain and onto private land where you will have exclusive access to hike along the cliff sides of Palehua. From up top, you will get a bird’s eye view of Waianae Valley. Waianae is home to the summit of Oahu’s tallest mountain, Kaala. Enjoy a freshly prepared deli-style lunch at an exclusive overlook as you take in the views of the valleys below and the Pacific on the horizon. Completing your adventures in the mountain, sit back and relax as your guide drops you back at your hotel with a fresh perspective on island-life and Hawaiian culture.
- Visit a local farm practicing modern community-based farming that supports educational opportunities for youth while providing high-quality produce for the island’s hottest chefs.
- Taste the harvest prepared local style in your farm-to-fork lunch, after meeting the farmers themselves.
- Pass through locked gates high into the Waianae mountains and take a short hike through the forest to our exclusive overlook featuring breathtaking views of Pearl Harbor, Honolulu, and Diamond Head.
- Tour duration: approximately 7.5 hours long.
- Appropriate for all ages.
- A farm-fresh lunch, snacks, and water are included.
- Tour groups max out at 12 people.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from Waikiki area hotels are included.
Travelin’ Coupons Top
Save $16.30 per ticket at Oahu Grand Circle Island Tour with Dole Plantation!
GROUPON offers things to do in Oahu for up to 50% off! See what tickets they have today!
Oahu Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Oahu or spend some time reading through our Oahu blog! We love Oahu and hope you do too!