More Information on
- Discover and learn more about the enormous and deadly prehistoric marine reptiles that ruled the Jurassic seas in Dinosaurs of the Deep.
- Touch slick, slimy and all-around cool Invertebrates at Creature Feature, Adventure Aquarium’s touch pool.
- Come ‘nose-to-nose’ with massive Nile hippos Button and Genny in a colorful landscape of light and sound in Hippo Haven.
- Watch Adventure Aquarium’s flock of African Penguins swim, frolic and dive in their 17,000-gallon pool.
- Find yourself completely surrounded by some of the fiercest creatures in the ocean when you explore Shark Realm.
- Marvel at the variety of marine life you see in the 760,000-gallon Ocean Realm exhibit, home to over 850 species.
- The RiverLink Ferry connects the Camden Waterfront to Philadelphia’s Penn Landing May-September.
- Dining: Feeding Frenzy Café, Philly Pretzel Factory
- Gift Shops: Adventure Gift Shop
- Best time to visit is after 2pm on weekdays when it’s less crowded and the hippos are most active, or before 11am or after 2pm on weekends.
- Accessibility: Adventure Aquarium is fully accessible for our guests in wheelchairs and for those for whom steps are a challenge. A manual wheelchair can be picked up at the information desk at no charge. A fully refundable $10 deposit is required for all wheelchair rentals. Wheelchairs cannot be reserved. They are first come, first served basis.
- Segways are not permitted in the Aquarium.
- Groups of 20 or more: Please call (800) 616-5297 in advance of arrival.
Philadelphia Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Philadelphia or spend some time reading through our Philadelphia blog! We love Philadelphia and hope you do too!