Experience Zoo360, a first-in-the-world system of see-through mesh trails passing through treetops, crossing over pathways and connecting habitats, giving animals opportunities to travel and explore. Visit Key Bank Big Cat Falls, PECO Primate Reserve and KidZooU, a wildlife academy that offers dynamic displays, rare breeds and hands-on experiences.
More Information on
Henry Flagler’s railroad arrived in Key West on September 22, 1912 and the Island City was changed forever. The Conch Tour Train is proud to be the legacy of Flagler’s engineering miracle.
Join The Conch Tour Train on a ‘train ride’ through time. Be taken back to the days before civilization when fierce Indians left their enemy’s bones to bleach in a tropical wilderness naming the island Bone Key. Explore a lush, tropical island, and discover the charm and grace of one of America’s most unique architectural pleasures. Get to know characters like John James Audubon, Ernest Hemingway, and Harry S. Truman and, like them, become captivated by the magic that is Key West.
From bold Spanish explorers and brave ‘Wreckers’ to the great cigar barons and sponge magnets… The Conch Tour Train will transport you from the golden age of settlement through the exciting railroad days, the depression and WWII. There’s much to see and learn.
Included Free with your Conch Train Ticket is admission to the Sails to Rails Museum. Guests to Sails to Rails will journey through the Age of Sail, a time when tail ships plied the treacherous waters of the Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico and Florida Keys from the 1500 to early 1900’s. These waters were once filled with treasure-laden Spanish Galleons, dreaded Pirates, merchant ships and more as the New World made its riches known to all who sailed her waters. A visit to Sails to Rails is one of the most comprehensive overviews of Florida Keys and Key West history a visitor can obtain.
- Watch Amani and Ajabu, our toddler and infant western lowland gorillas, as they grow and explore PECO Primate Reserve.
- Come face to face with lions, tigers, leopards, pumas, and jaguars in KeyBank Big Cat Falls.
- Travel to the land of kangaroos and emus to explore the wonders from Down Under at the new Outback Outpost.
- Soar into the brand new Wings of Asia experience and hand-feed a flock of breathtakingly beautiful birds.
- Learn about many extraordinary and endangered animals from around the world at Philadelphia Zoo, among the region’s foremost wildlife conservation organizations.
- Swan Boats: Youngsters can paddle their way around Bird Lake in the Zoo’s swan boats, each one built for two to three people. Cost for CityPASS guests: ages 2+, $6.
- Septa PZ Express Kiddie Train: The construction of the Zoo in the 1800s coincided with that of another fantastic invention, the transcontinental railroad. Today, our youngest visitors can share in the excitement of this grand Victorian accomplishment with a quaint ride on our very own PZ Express, a charming reminder of the Zoo’s heritage. Cost for CityPASS guests: ages 2+, $3.
- Wings of Asia: Immerse yourself in a lush Asian garden filled with color, sound and spectacular birds. Species including Temminck’s tragopan, satyr tragopan, golden pheasant, spotted dove, white-crested laughingthrush and Eurasian blackbird will call this exotic landscape home.
- Amazon Rainforest Carousel: The Zoo’s enchanting all-wooden, hand-carved and hand-painted carousel was the first of its kind in the United States featuring endangered species found within the Amazon Rainforest. Cost for CityPASS guests: ages 2+, $3.
- 6abc Zooballoon: Soar 400 ft above the zoo to see stunning views of Fairmount Park. Cost for CityPASS guests: ages 2+, $10 weekdays/$15 weekends.
Philadelphia Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Philadelphia or spend some time reading through our Philadelphia blog! We love Philadelphia and hope you do too!