About Academy of
Founded in 1812, the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University is a leading natural history museum dedicated to advancing research, education, and public engagement in biodiversity and environmental science. Museum visitors can get face-to-face with towering dinosaurs, explore a tropical garden filled with live butterflies, meet live animals, and see three continents of wildlife in their natural habitats.
More Information on Academy of
Good To Know
- When you arrive, please request a map/guide that has 3 itineraries and fun facts.
- Try the free audio tour!
- You may leave belongings in the open coatroom (at your own risk). It’s located opposite the entrance to the auditorium on the first level.
- There are engaging exhibits and activities that are fun for kids of all ages. Don’t miss Dinosaur Hall!
- Please check ansp.org for special events and exhibits.
- Don’t be shy. Talk to any of the Academy of Natural Sciences educators located throughout the museum. All are extremely knowledgeable about our natural world.
Philadelphia Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Philadelphia or spend some time reading through our Philadelphia blog! We love Philadelphia and hope you do too!