More Information on
Good To Know
- Stop in to watch “The Collector,” a free film providing insight into Dr. Albert Barnes and the ensembles, before entering the collection.
- In addition to seeing the legendary Barnes collection, don’t miss the special exhibition currently on view.
- Listen to a pop-up talk by a member of the Art Team in the collection.
- Have lunch in the Barnes Foundation’s Garden Restaurant, and before you leave the museum, check out the artisanal gifts in the Barnes Shop.
- Lightweight jackets and small bags are okay, but please check coats and any bags larger than 12×10 inches before entering the collection.
- Note taking and sketching with graphite pencil is permitted using notebooks no larger than 9×12 inches. Please note: If the galleries are crowded, guests may be asked to stop sketching, writing, or taking photos in order to help maintain movement throughout the space.
- Unless otherwise posted, The Barnes Foundation allows photography, but please no flash, tripods or selfie sticks.
- Share your photos on social media using #BarnesFoundation.
Philadelphia Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Philadelphia or spend some time reading through our Philadelphia blog! We love Philadelphia and hope you do too!