More Information on
- Travel through a two-story tall neural network climbing structure with dynamic lighting and sound effects that are triggered by footsteps in The Franklin Institute’s exhibit, Your Brain.
- For more than half a century, walking through the Giant Heart has been a rite of passage for children in Philadelphia.
- At the Train Factory, learn firsthand how steam and coal powered the first locomotives and discover how diesel, electricity, and magnetic levitation are used to power modern day locomotives to travel longer distances at greater speeds.
- Interact with science team members who will roam the galleries offering science insight, curatorial highlights, and deeper exhibit engagement.
- Check out hourly Live Science Shows, including Liquid Air Show and Science of Combustion, performed from the PECO Live Science Stage in the Atrium.
- Watch live dissections take place in The Giant Heart exhibit, projected on the wall for ease of viewing.
- Enjoy 20,000 square feet of outdoor space for casual seating.
- Enhance your visit with live science shows and demonstrations.
- Best time to visit: Arrive early on weekends and holidays when it’s less crowded. CityPASS holders can check in at the ticketing desk.
- Includes general admission, including one Fels Planetarium show
- Some Franklin Center experiences and exhibits may be temporarily unavailable.
Philadelphia Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Philadelphia or spend some time reading through our Philadelphia blog! We love Philadelphia and hope you do too!