As the Museum of We the People, America’s Town Hall, and a center for Civic Education, the National Constitution Center brings the U.S. Constitution to life for visitors of all ages. Experience America’s founding documents up close, immerse yourself in interactive exhibits such as American Treasures: Documenting the Nation’s Founding, and be inspired by the live theatrical production of Freedom Rising.
More Information on National
- Freedom Rising, a stirring, 360-degree theatrical production, takes you on a journey from America’s founding to the present day. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor calls it “the best 17-minute civics lesson in the country.” It’ll give you goose bumps!
- Take the Presidential Oath of Office. Do you solemnly swear to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution? Be sworn in as the next president of the United States at this fun, interactive exhibit.
- Step up to the American National Tree, a towering display of touch-screens that introduces visitors to 100 individuals who made an impact on our constitutional history. There are several famous faces, but you’ll discover many unsung American heroes too.
- Explore American Treasures: Documenting the Nation’s Founding, an intimate look at the path the Framers took to create the U.S. Constitution and secure the Bill of Rights.
- Explore Civil War and Reconstruction: The Battle for Freedom and Equality, the first exhibit devoted to exploring how constitutional clashes over slavery set the stage for the Civil War, and how the nation transformed the Constitution after the war to more fully embrace the Declaration of Independence’s promise of liberty and equality.
Philadelphia Terrific Tidbits
Browse our Travelin’ Fun page for trip tidbits, check out our favorite book on Philadelphia or spend some time reading through our Philadelphia blog! We love Philadelphia and hope you do too!